Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

RCU Heartbeat suggestion, Banner Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

RCU Heartbeat suggestion, Banner Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Daddyo57
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Heartbeat suggestion, Banner Problem

Hi Guys! I LOVE RCU obviously as I spend much time on here but I have a couple of issues I would like to see addressed... On the RCU Heartbeat, I enjoy this feature but many times I click on a topic thinking it is about Airplanes only to find it is a boat or car post. Is there any way you could put a small designator or some way of knowing what basic area of discussion these are in? I know room is most likely an issue here but that would be VERY helpful . Also, I notice that the Horizon Banner, the blue one showing the Spektrum radio actually covers the drop down menus! there is no way to see the lower menu when that particular Banner is in place... I would not like to have to turn off my banners as I enjoy seeing them and they do show new products of interest. I would be shocked to find out this is actually done on purpose and feel it must be a glitch.

Thanks, Cliff Keeling
Old 10-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCU Heartbeat suggestion, Banner Problem

We may be able to put a small identifier next to the links; I'll check into what that would take.

The banner is a problem only with IE. We know about it and will work to resolve the code that is causing it.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Daddyo57
My Feedback: (15)

Thanks Nathan!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:16 PM
CHARLES WINTER

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

HI NATHAN, I use RCU Heartbeat for the Latest and Hot Topics. My concern is that a topic I'm interested in or recommend to someone else is gone in less than 24 hours. Is there a way to FIND a Heartbeat topic after it is dropped from RCU Heartbeat. Thanks, Col. Chuck Winter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43746.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1686189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12451.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1686190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87597.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1686191  
Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Hi Chuck, you can subscribe to a thread by clicking the "subscribe" button at the top of the page on any thread. Then if you're on the homepage and you click on "forums" you will see just bellow the adds on that page is a link that says "subscribed thread activity". If you grow tired of a thread just hit the "remove subscription" button at the top of the page. Hope this helps.