Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

How about fixing the F@#k#$g time out issue when posting!

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

How about fixing the F@#k#$g time out issue when posting!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Roguedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about fixing the F@#k#$g time out issue when posting!

There's nothing more frustrating then spending an hour responding to a post then clicking the post button and getting the dreaded RCU post timeout error message and losing 5 or 10 paragraphs of text. Are you freaking kidding me. Why should I have to use a word processor on my home computer to respond to a post when I want to use more than a couple of sentences. Are you guys listening?

I forgot about this RCU problem as I had went to RCGroups due to the horrible problems RCU recently had. So the Server issue is fixed. Great!

Now how about fixing the dreaded post time-out issue. RCGroups does not have this issue. Neither should RCU. Just so you know I'm freaking mad as hell about this issue as i hate wasting my time.

Until this issue is fixed I'm going back to RCGroups. I'm not going to waste my time trying to post on a site that refuses to update their 15 year old software.

RCU needs to fix this issue!

Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How about fixing the F@#k#$g time out issue when posting!

Hm. Okay.

Took me about twice, before I decided to just edit my response in WordPad. When I'm finished, I check the thread to see if someone else has made a similar response. If so, I just exit. If not, I click the reply button, paste my text, and I'm done.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Roguedog

Dave,

Why should you have to use a seperate program to compile a response to post. RCU has been lazy in this aspect. The forum tools should be able to handle this for you just lIke the forum software does at RCGroups.

I say RCU's got you trained well. Why should they bother to fix something when smart people like you dont complain about such a fundamental issue as being able to edit and post a thread or being able to respond to post without a having to use an external editor.

As loing a people like you use something other then the substandard posting software and don't complain about why should they change it to something better. They can depent on you to just skirt the issue cause ur a smart fellow and figured out that you don't need to use the interface provided.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, I have some bad good news and some bad news about this issue. The bad news is that our programmers will not spend any time fixing this problem. But the good news is that they won't have to spend any time to fix this problem because they are currently working on our migration to the VBulletin platform. I don't know the exact target date of the migration, but it is coming very shortly. Myself and my moderators will be getting into the Beta version of our new site this week to start testing it out. So the change is coming soon.

Ken
Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Roguedog

Thanks Ken,

That is good news cause this is and has been a major issue at least for me.

Regards,
Bryan
Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I do when typing a reply that may take a long time. Before you hit OK simply highlight and copy your reply , then hit OK. If it times out then you can hit POST REPLY to open a new box and paste in your reply then hit OK and it won't time out . That way nothing is lost and it really doesn't take much longer to do.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Take a look at how many posts I have here on RCU!!! I've been posting on RCU for a long time now and I know your pain on this matter. It's very frustrating for me too. Here's what I got in the habit of doing a long time ago, and it's such a routine now that I don't even realize I'm doing it any longer. When I finish typing up a post and before I hit the "Ok" button I do one extra step. As soon as your are done typing  hit "ctrl-a" (select all) and then "ctrl-c" (copy). What this does is it first selects all the text you just typed, and then it copies it to your computer's clipboard. If when you hit the "Ok" button you get the Time Out error you can quickly refresh the page and then a quick "ctrl-v" will paste your entire message right back into the text box and you won't have to re-type your message.

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 05-27-2013, 05:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

Here is what I do when typing a reply that may take a long time. Before you hit OK simply highlight and copy your reply , then hit OK. If it times out then you can hit POST REPLY to a new box and paste in your reply . That way nothing is lost and it really doesn't take much longer to do.
Hmm, looks like we were posting the same thing at the same time!!! Great mind think alike!!!!

ken

Old 05-27-2013, 05:20 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes sir !
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+3 on copy and paste. A new version ready to test soon; is that like FEJyour jet will be ready to ship soon, send more money now?