Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

1/2 A : buy,sell,swap forum !

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

1/2 A : buy,sell,swap forum !

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 03:47 PM
mike912e
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2 A : buy,sell,swap forum !

On May 16 I suggested a 1/2 A forum and as has been demonstrated it has really taken off and is quite popular. So now it's probably time for a buy,sell,trade forum as well. What do you think ? The reason I think it needs it's own forum is that the 1/2A stuff would get lost in the other forums and I'm sure the "big boys " wouldn't want the "small stuff" invading they're forums ! Just joking as I'm sure they really wouldn't mind. Or would they ? Hmmm.

For those of us who are collectors of the " small stuff " it would be a welcomed opportunity to offer our stuff for sale or trade or purchase that engine or kit we've been wanting for awhile but haven't been able to locate locally.

Take a look on E-bay under "Cox " in the hobby section. It's one of the largest ones there. And about the only way to find any of the G-Mark engines is through E-Bay.

Well, let's see if we can get this new forum started.

Thanks. Mike McCrabb ( [email protected] )
Old 07-27-2002, 03:58 PM
jbfoster
My Feedback: (16)

I would like to see the forum also.

Jim
Old 08-02-2002, 02:18 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will of course consider trying this out...give me some time to look over the posts and views to see if it seems it can be supported...again sometimes overclassification is not great and leads to the enjoyment that browsing over planes for sale can bring.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:11 PM
mike912e
My Feedback: (4)

Default Overclassification and browsing

Over-classification and browsing aren't what they used to be. And the headache you get from staring at all those "big " plane ads while looking for a "little" plane for sale ! WELL !
Just kidding of course. I'm sure you will be as fair and objective in making your decision as you would for any other group asking for their own forum. At least we live in a country that allows this kind of process.

Thank you .

Mike McCrabb

[email protected]
Old 08-03-2002, 08:17 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many "small" planes do you estimate show up in the forums on a weekly basis? Just trying to get a feel for activity levels.

The thing for me is and I don't know how many others share my feelings is when I'm looking for a plane and browsing the field has no limits for me...I could be interested in a small plane, warbird, jet, 3D plane or whatever. Browsing one forum for relatively similar things is easy. Now I'm not sure if there is a cutoff in the general population here or not as to the preference to no see airplanes combined with the 1/2A or seperate. I would think if there is enough 1/2A activity it could warrant it's own forum.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Jeff Leavitt

Default Buy Sell 1/2a.....

Hi,

I believe that Mike912e's proposal for the new forum is very timely. In the past the 1/2a world has been severly fragmented with no real center for 1/2a discussion. That has changed and our discussion forum shows signs of excelence in the information exchanged in that forum. Now to include the Buy Sell Swap forum would round out this information resource and make it the center of the universe for anything 1/2a. Granted, it will take a little time for word to spread but I have little doubt that it will become THE place for the 1/2a world..... Thanks for a great forum.....
Jeff Leavitt......