RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/suggestions-47/)
-   -   POLL: What parts of RCU are important to you? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/suggestions-47/11672104-poll-what-parts-rcu-important-you.html)

IBobi 12-02-2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by timbro21 (Post 12566832)
The new site has no confidential section to share information with the buyer or seller. Every reply seems to be posted to the public as would all negotiating by the buyer or seller. That will not work.

Private Messages are private.

Originally Posted by ChemE (Post 12567043)
I have purchased one item in the last year and it was a hassle.

Most all of the members liked the old market place. If that is so, copy the old marketplace and write it in new code. If it is too expensive, then you should consider selling the site to a better financially heeled crowd.

Thanks for your reply -- specifically, what was a hassle?

As to rewriting the entire site with new code, had we unlimited resources, we'd have done that. But we do not, so we must make do with off-the-shelf products that we can modify. Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews (Post 12567070)
Agreed. One of the things driving this sight was the ease of posting pictures and the Buy&Sell. Both of these were messed with the new format.

What's wrong with posting pictures now?

What issues are you having posting items for sale?

DGrant 12-09-2019 01:38 PM

Thanks for your response IBob. I will continue reading this site from time to time. I hope the best for you and the site. It seems you're trying, and it's no doubt not an easy job making decisions and changes.

I'm not particularly fond of the market place myself, it's been years I've done any deals there. Maybe it's changed from the last time I've used it, I'm not sure. I'm not sure what's wrong with a message board style market place though... I've grown fond of them and the ease of use. Everything is the same, whether it's discussion or listing... with a few differences to use each type as they're supposed to be. I'm not any internet guru though, just a long time end user that's somewhat set in my ways.

As for being a moderator, thanks for that info, and if a time comes that I might start reading and attending this site more frequently, I'd consider it. At this point though I don't use it enough, and really the current mods seem to do a very decent job of keeping it clean and keeping everyone happy. I think you've got a good moderator team.

You need more users posting every day though... that I do see. There's forums and threads that have been stagnant for weeks and more with no activity. I'm sure that's part of what you're working on in changing the site up to hopefully entice new (and old) users back to being active as they once were. Again thanks for your response.

Flight Risk 02-02-2020 10:50 AM

I used to (10+ years ago) spend much time at RCU. It seemed that RCU had a more mature, model builder type membership, and the other Group was younger and playing with foam. I also spent much time in the ratings and reviews section of products. They used to stay very current, then seemed to become dated with no new products being added. I added many of my own reviews, and am sad to see all that has disappeared. All I see now is star ratings with no reviews, and the interface is very poor.

foundryratjim 03-09-2020 02:15 PM

Why is it you cannot renew an ad in the market place? Why would you make it so you can't?

JP4MAN 03-09-2020 11:15 PM

My 2 cents

The “old RCU” worked, the present RCU doesn’t!!! You all have had enough of us “old guys” say this, my question to you is “why not return to what worked and wasn’t broken”???

IBobi 03-31-2020 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by foundryratjim (Post 12588333)
Why is it you cannot renew an ad in the market place? Why would you make it so you can't?

That's our #1 work item. We have to change the core software to do it and it affects hundreds of sites so it will take some time.

Originally Posted by JP4MAN (Post 12588403)
The “old RCU” worked, the present RCU doesn’t!!! You all have had enough of us “old guys” say this, my question to you is “why not return to what worked and wasn’t broken”???

The old marketplace no longer exists. Code is gone. Closed forever. While we still have a couple of improvements to get to, this one is so much better. Please try it!

foundryratjim 06-28-2021 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 12593317)
That's our #1 work item. We have to change the core software to do it and it affects hundreds of sites so it will take some time.

The old marketplace no longer exists. Code is gone. Closed forever. While we still have a couple of improvements to get to, this one is so much better. Please try it!

Is there still no way to renew an expired ad?

DUCMOZ 06-28-2021 12:24 PM

In mine, i go to Buy and sell, drop the menu down and the last item is your old ads. you need to be logged it to work.

foundryratjim 06-28-2021 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ (Post 12683935)
In mine, i go to Buy and sell, drop the menu down and the last item is your old ads. you need to be logged it to work.

I have done that, buy where is it that I can renew an expired ad?

mongo 06-28-2021 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 12593317)

even with the "improvements" it still is not as good as the old market place was, and it will NEVER be even close to what we had before.

and, yes, i have tried it.

leeeee 01-05-2024 11:51 PM

The most important parts for me is Buy / Sell and Forums.:cool: