Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Need Parts for Super Tigre GS-40

Old 10-09-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Parts for Super Tigre GS-40

Hello,
I have been searching high and low for someengine parts thatare shown as 'temporaily unavailble' on towerhobbies.com
My engine is a Super Tigre GS-40 Ring. (the engine is approximately 10 years old, but only been used in the last few years)
The 2 parts I need are:
(1) Piston Ring (part no. 22231279) a.k.a. SUPG5350
(1) Engine Gasket Set (part no. 22242894) a.k.a. SUPG4591
Is there a Super Tigre repair shop that would have these parts available? I have called 10-15 hobby shops around the midwest and no one stock these parts.
Does anyone have these parts laying around your shop? Or does anyonehave any suggestions for acquiring these parts?
Thanks!
Steven
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need Parts for Super Tigre GS-40

Those parts are no longer available through us. They have not been made in a number of years. The only way to locate parts would be to do a search of internet swap-shops or search the ads in model magazines for dealers who sell to engine collectors. You may be able to find a used engine for parts.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Please review again as SuperTigre 40-GS-Ring on Tower's web page is part # LXFV69. Seems to be a valid part #......just out of stock.....for quite some time.

And that is my question as parts for the my very strong running GS-45-ABC have been out of stock for a long time. It is a great engine!!!!

Is there a problem with SuperTigre Engines & parts availabilty? I've held off buying another ST engine due to this uncertainty.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Bax

Thanks you. I misread the post. You're correct. The parts are just temporarily out of stock. Unfortunately, we don't have any delivery dates available.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:48 PM

Is there any change in parts availibility?
I have engines that have been grounded for over a year due to not having parts to make repairs.
Please give us more than the same old answer!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Bax

We don't  have any new information, other than things are being worked on in China with the vendor to get supplies.  There are quite a few parts available, but not all.