Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

ST X45 questions.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST X45 questions.

Picked up one of these from a club member. My question is what prop for speed application, are the bearings the same size as used in the X40, what carb, and does anyone have a operation guide??
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: ST X45 questions.

That's a very old engine. Likely from before we became the SuperTigre service center. If it's the Pylon engine, then a speed prop in the 9" range was used. Pitch would be 8-10 inches. Please send an email to the address below to see if any literature is available.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Gnu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ST X45 questions.

The X45, while of the same general family as the X40, is dissimilar in that it is not a speed engine, but a powerful general use R/C engine. I belicve it is ringed.
The X40 was a pylon engine and was of ABC construction (a very early example of this format)

Gnu.