Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Leaky carb on supertiger....

Old 09-22-2003, 09:48 PM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky carb on supertiger....

I have an old supertiger .40 that I got from a friend..
It has the older (at least I think its older, not familiar with supertigers) carb that has the spray bar you can rotate to adjust midrange....
2 screws hold the "spraybar" in which the needle valve is in, into the carb housing....
This past sunday I noticed alot of fuel coming out around the needle valve area so I ask Is there supposed to be a gasket between the brass "spraybar" thing, and the carb housing? because on this one I know there isn't...
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Leaky carb on supertiger....

The brass spraybar is just a close fit to the carburetor body. If it's leaking fuel, then something's messed up the fit.

First, though, please be sure you're actually getting a fuel LEAK. It's much more likely that you're getting raw fuel thrown from the front bearing, and it's just accumulating around the spraybar. Because fuel is sucked into the carburetor by the venturi, it's more likely that a bad fit will suck air into the carb, causing the mixture to go lean. Fuel leakage is not particularly likely.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:00 PM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leaky carb on supertiger....

Could it be leaking out through the needle valve? there was definately some fluid there it would run out and was dripping of the needle valve so I assumed it was from the spray bar fixture?