Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Super Tigre G 21 .46

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 08:13 PM
alwayzlookin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre G 21 .46

I have a Super Tigre G 21 .46 that I believe has seen little (if any) use. I decided to disassemble it for cleaning (whatever had been in it was pretty sticky) but I've run into a problem. I have removed the carb, rear cover, head and cylinder liner but cannot get the con rod to come off the crankshaft journal to remove the piston/con rod assembly. Also can't get the prop drive washer to come off. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get this engine flying.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Super Tigre G 21 .46

To remove the drive washer, you need a puller. This will grab the back of the drive washer and apply pressure to the crankshaft. As the puller's screw is tightened, the drive washer will come off with a 'pop'. When you put it back, just tighten a propeller to seat it.

To remove the connecting rod from the crankshaft, you have to remove the cylinder liner first. With SuperTigre engines, you usually have to heat the crankcase so that the liner can come out. The liner won't expand as much as the case when you heat it. Once the liner's out, you can then get the rod off of the crankshaft.