Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Super Tigre .56 Saturno

Old 06-12-2020, 09:55 PM
tomlc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre .56 Saturno

Need some help with my Super Tigre Saturno .56. Very old engines that I like working with. One of mine has two piston rings, another has only one. Why were two needed?
I broke the top ring on the dual ringed piston while reassembling the engine.. The engine still "pops" with compression. Where can I find a replacement ring? I tried to look up the
definition of "pinned" ring and "Dyke's" ring to no avail. What type is used on this engine?
Old 06-21-2020, 07:25 AM
tomlc1

Originally Posted by tomlc1
Need some help with my Super Tigre Saturno .56. Very old engines that I like working with. One of mine has two piston rings, another has only one. Why were two needed?
I broke the top ring on the dual ringed piston while reassembling the engine.. The engine still "pops" with compression. Where can I find a replacement ring? I tried to look up the
definition of "pinned" ring and "Dyke's" ring to no avail. What type is used on this engine?
I never found out why some engines have two piston rings but I did get a replacement and installed it.
Another problem occurs as the crankshaft minutely clicks back and forth after tightening the prop nut. The coned washer behind the prop plate is supposed to hold the crank in place. Also, I can see the front bearing move outward as the crank moves. The bearing won't stay affix to the case.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:42 AM
tomlc1

Originally Posted by tomlc1
I never found out why some engines have two piston rings but I did get a replacement and installed it.
Another problem occurs as the crankshaft minutely clicks back and forth after tightening the prop nut. The coned washer behind the prop plate is supposed to hold the crank in place. Also, I can see the front bearing move outward as the crank moves. The bearing won't stay affix to the case.
I installed a new set of bearings which corrected the crankshaft problem.