Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

DuraTrax/Supertiger G-27CX Racing w/Pull Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:12 PM
clp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DuraTrax/Supertiger G-27CX Racing w/Pull Start

I have recently purchased 2 DuraTrax 1/8 Nitro Warhead RTR w/Reverse Monster Trucks equiped with the DuraTrax/SuperTigre G-27 Pull Start Racing Engine for the DuraTrax Warhead, DTXD68**. I have to say that they are not fairing well. They are plaged with what appears to be Air leaks causing the engine to lean out and exceed the max temp set by the factory. I have tryied to seal the carb and the heads with silicon and it helps for a while. But the the carb seems to float on its settings. I do not know if barometric pressure is causing a problem but you never know how the engine is going to perform from one run to the next. There is a forum in the moster truck section called "Anyone Own a Warhead" there are already over 240 pages of problems listed with this engine and some other parts. But I want to know if there is something that can be done about this engine? Is there somewhere I can send it to have all the factory problems corrected with this engine. There is a replacement for this engine but it will cost almost as much as the truck did. So if you have any pointers it would be appreciated. []

I will go and bring some of the posts from the other forum and post them here for you to see.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 PM
clp

Default RE: DuraTrax/Supertiger G-27CX Racing w/Pull Start

***This was taken from Anyone own a Warhead Forum***

Today I run two tanks of fuel today with my son, thats four tanks total. Still running rich, I'm scared to lean it out too much while still in the break in period. Still have plenty of smoke.

Having a little trouble with the LSN. Its seams to need leaned out a little but it idles too high. I set it so it's ok with the pinch test, idles good and starts good when warmed up. I have to give it a little throttle to get it started when it's cooled down.

Can you guys help me out, any tips. What about the idle screw, which way do I turn it to slow down the idle?

It also started making a buzzing sound while running, I can't realy pinpoint
where it's coming from, any thoughts on that? <<<<<<< Buzzing starts when the Engine has exceeded 340Degf from being to lean.

Also I have some oil leaking from somewhere, (see pictures) can't pinpoint where it's leaking from, but you can see where it's ending up (underside of motor. Any ideas?

Elite had posted that his header gasket leaked, is that the problem? The exhaust port is right about the pullstart and you can see form the picture there was alot of oil under the pullstart.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
jaywax

bump
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Dirty-Martinis

I also have a Warhead, that I purchased used on ebay. I have found myself buying replacement parts for parts that keep breaking.

The first day i had it, I broke the spur gear, I replaced that with the metal one from Duratrtax. Then I had an issue with the engine not switching gears. I adjusted the transmission screw to switch sooner. Then like the "Money Pit" movie, something else broke. I then had the engine running to lean, and had a crash into a parked car at start up, breaking the shock towers. Then the pullstart broke, and well I bought the "TigerDrive" with the drill bit. The I found that the one way bearing was shot. So bought a new one, and that broke a few days later.

Sounds like bad luck...man its getting expensive.

I then had an engine issue and the piston had a crack on the piston head, and scratched the piston cylinder, so heres the problems so far. Do i go and try to rebuild the pistons, or just buy a new engine. Rebuild could get as costly as the replacement.

I am as frustrated as anyone could be.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rebuilding an engine is always a decision up to you. Here's the stock number and MSRP of the piston/cylinder set:

DTXG0546 PISTON/CYLINDER SET G-27CX US$59.99

Here's the same for the entire engine:

DTXG0255 G-27CX RACING ENGINE US$199.99

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells DuraTrax kits and accessories.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 PM
mathew0214

Here lies the problem it is a supertiger. I purchased this truck for my son. The RT-X27 with the same engine. I ran 3 tanks of fuel through this engine and the roto start striped out. When I called them they sent a replacement via standard ground. My son could not wait this long so I purchased a bump box from a local hobby shop. I will never do business with tower hobbies or duratrax again. There customer service is horrible! Anyway back to the point. After 9 tanks of fuel I tuned it to the point where it was running around 210 DEG and rich. I turned my son loose on the truck. After 1.5 more tanks of fuel my son came in upset with tears in his eyes. He said the truck stopped running and would not turn over. I went out and checked the temp it was well above 300. I proceeded to jump my son for tuning the needles which he denied. I did not believe him until I pulled this P.O.S. out of the truck to find the back plate of the engine had come loose. with one screw stripped out. Neither tower of duratrax would do anything to resolve the problem. They said it was our fault for not monitoring the temps better. Avoid this engine and both companies at all cost. Thank you
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 PM
clp

Sorry to hear your having those same old problems. My recomendation is to swap out the super tiger engine to something else. I have started converting mine to Electric power. But it will end up costing around $450 for each truck. A different nitro engine would be cheaper. But stay away from buying the .32 or larger engine. Because it will destroy the drive train in the warhead and end up costing you more money. A .25 size engine will do the job nicely.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
mathew0214

Very nice. I like theway you remove peoples posts off of this website that have a problem with Duracrap and towerhobbies.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:18 AM
clp

So much for free speech. Maybe I need to let my lawer spell it out for you. I have had this problem before and won in the courts over it.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 AM
brian284

Hey has anyone ever thought of converting their duratrax warhead into anelectriccar. Is it even worth it at all? I have the warhead and have had nothing but problems, fix something, something els brakes.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 AM
clp

It would be a waste of money and time trust me. Just go buy a better truck dude.