Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

SUPER TIGER 90 QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
monstertruckman
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPER TIGER 90 QUESTION

i HAVE AN OLDER ST 90 IT HAS THE 2 PC CRANK CASE
I have it mounted inverted in a h9 p40 the tank center is inline with the spray bar and the spray bar is lined up in the carb throat as the FAQ page on there web site states
I have the idle needle tuned and the high speed neddle also i am running a os type f plug and have also run os # 8 burning fresh wildcat 15% heli with 18% oil and have the engine running at @ 230 degrees in the cowl
It wants to die at full throttle under a load doesnt lean out and sag and then die just blip and its dead like you turned off a switch
Please help
I have a New st 90 in a mustang set up inverted and dont have a bit of trouble with it
So i dont think it is the fuel or my tuning abilities but it migh be
Old 07-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SUPER TIGER 90 QUESTION

Very likely, the carb's not properly-adjusted. Use the procedure at the top of this forum on adjusting the SuperTigre carburetor. It sounds like the engine's just not getting enough fuel. This can be caused by trash in the needle-valve area, or a too-lean idle needle.