Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

recommened size fuel tank for a ST G-61

Old 09-24-2007, 10:52 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default recommened size fuel tank for a ST G-61

I have a ringed ST G-61 engine that I have installed into a Kyosho Corsair. I broke in the engine this weekend according to the directions in the manuel. The engine runs great and has a good idle, but with the 300cc(11oz) fuel tank I am only getting 5 minutes of run time before the tanks runs dry. That is running wide open. What is the recommended size fuel tank to get at least a 10 minute flight?. I would think a 22oz tank would do the job, but that size tank will not fit the plane. Will the engine be more fuel efficent once it is broken in more? Right now I have only 20 minutes of run think on it.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: recommened size fuel tank for a ST G-61

With a .61-size engine, we normally use a 12 or 14-ounce fuel tank. Running through fuel so quickly at full throttle is normal. For longer run times, you'll have to pull the throttle back a bit.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 AM
jstanton

Bax,

Thanks for your reply. I found out the tank that came with the Kyosho Corsair is only a 10oz tank. I tried to get a Sullivan 14oz tank to fit but it is just way to long. I have a Hanger 9 11oz tank that fits bit I think I will only get at best 1 minute longer flight time. I will try it tonight when I get home. Does anyone make a Blader type fuel tank that might work?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 PM
vancouverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are still running in the engine which I hope you are. Probably still running on the rich side. When you tune in the engine for leaner runnung after about 2 hours runn time it will use less fuel. You might be able to dremmel out the fuse some to get a larger diameter tank in the plane....perhapse?

Jay
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 AM
jstanton

I have broke-in the engine per the manual and leaned it out some. Maybe after more run time I can lean it some more. To get a larger full tankk will take some manger reconstruction on the fuselage, but it can be done. I'll be putting in a 12oz tank and using some major throttle mangement to get 10 minutes flights