Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

G2300, runs perfect, but wont stop running!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:15 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default G2300, runs perfect, but wont stop running!

How do I make it shut off? haha, I realize this sounds odd, but dang, the thing will idle all day with the throttle barrel closed, on top of that, I even pinched the fuel line, and it idled great for another 30 seconds! Never had one that I couldnt shut down.. any idea's? The motor is brand new, has a perry carb on it, and runs awesome!!!

help? lol
Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: G2300, runs perfect, but wont stop running!

Why the Perry carb - the ST carb is good? Seal the base of the carb - you probably have an air leak.

Paul
Old 05-13-2008, 09:06 AM
JohnVH

Its just the way I got it, I have the origional carb, but this, if I can get it to stop running, is the best running motor I have now. Ill reseal the base again.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When an engine will not cut off by closing the carburetor, it usually means that the air isn't cut off fully. Many carbs leak air and fuel even when closed. You'll have to carefully check to be sure all air leaks are gone. If there's air in the fuel line, it can also allow an engine to continue to get fuel. You may also have to lean the idle mixture. When the engine continues to run for quite a while after you pinch off the fuel line, it means that the engine is still has a lot of fuel in the crankcase. That would result from a too-rich idle setting.

Please note that we deleted other posts in this thread because they were not from SuperTigre reps, and were also more in the nature of a discussion. Both are not permitted by RCU rules.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:18 AM
JohnVH

Still too rich, ok, when it stops raining Ill give it another shot. Ill try to silicone up the carb to engine, as I have the rubber O ring squished in there. I dont know how else to cure it. Unless I just throw a towel in it to stop it every time..
Old 05-18-2008, 05:38 PM
JohnVH

ok, just update, I siliconed the carb into the case, now I can kill it, but its lost its easy tuning, haha.. I may try to scrape off the silicone and just figure a new way to kill it.
Thanks