Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

S.T. 51 Runs ok for 30 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
kyliesgrampa
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.T. 51 Runs ok for 30 seconds

My ST51 has been mounted on two different planes with the same results. Running 15 nitro and 18 oil, and have tried # 3, #5,#8 plugs with same outcome. Engine starts and idles ok, I advance to full throttle and motor rapidly advances,,after about 20 to 30 seconds of doing this things change. Next time I advance the throttle the motor takes 20 seconds to accellerate. Sounds like it is laboring to rev up. Once at full throttle it will stay running. If I reduce to idle it will stay running. If I advance the throttle again quickly it will die, no sputtering, just falls off. I removed the carb and started at the beginning (so I think) on adjusting. Mid range , then high then low all with same outcome. I really like ST motors and know I am just overlooking something. I have tried two seperate fuel delivery assemblies, same result. Motor has acted like this since new out of the box from the hobby shop. I bought it last year and lost interest and now find I need to use it. All carb passages are clean and not restricted, leaving the glow stick on does not cure the problem. I am thinking of pulling the head just to investigate. Just to mention again first 30 seconds everything sounds great then it starts taking 30 seconds just to rev up. Prop size I failed to mention is 11x6. After motor dies the prop still turns freely.no bearing seizing up. Any thoughts?????????
Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
SpiritSTLFlyer

Default RE: S.T. 51 Runs ok for 30 seconds

Check your fuel lines & Tank, sounds like air !!
See if you got bubbles going thur the fuel line at High Speed !!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
kyliesgrampa
My Feedback: (42)

Default RE: S.T. 51 Runs ok for 30 seconds

2 seperate tanks and fuel lines tried. Both ran other engines with no problems.