Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

g51

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
gstockton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default g51

while flying sunday my g51 hung at full throttle when finally landed i found the throttle barrel locked tight wouldnt move i found the throttle barrel guide screw was missing the tip now the screw wasning loose just the tip was gone after getting the barrel lose and getting another screw it now turns but engine doesnt run like it use to could the tip have gotten inside the motor and what would have caused the tip of the screw to brake off i am going to try to adj.it some this week just in case i didn get the setting back like they were thanks for any help

Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: g51

We'd not know why the tip of the rotor stop screw would break off, unless it was bad.  If it does break off, there's no way it can get into the engine and cause damage.  If it did get into the engine while it's running, you'd quickly have a completely-ruined engine that would not run at all, so we'd say it didn't go into the engine.  As far as how the engine's running, you'll have to work with it.  A model engine needs to be adjusted for each day's conditions.  The local weather will require different needle settings from day-to-day.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 AM
hiflyer47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: g51

I ran a g 51 in a m40 size staudacher marketed by ace years ago. Never had a minutes trouble , slim line pitts muffler , turning a 11x7 wooden prop. If I were you I would look for a very small piece of that screw lodged in one of the carb venturi's , restricting fuel flow . By the way , I'M just getting back in the hobby , after a 10 yr break . I actually prefer 4 strokes , but happen to also have a nib os 46fx ( abc ). The hp ratings seem about the same as the g51 . I'm hoping to turn a 11x8 wood . Do you think it's too much ? Ihave a Goldberg super chipmunk about half built, and am really hoping to run across a saito 82 or 91 . Thanks for your time , hiflyer47

[edited to re-size the font and type style]