Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Error in T-Rex 450 Sport manual? >

Error in T-Rex 450 Sport manual?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Error in T-Rex 450 Sport manual?

Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error in T-Rex 450 Sport manual?

Hi,

I am a real newbie and am assembling my first heli, a T-Rex 450 Sport. I've been following the manual really carefully, nervously and uncertaintly, trying not to screw up. I am just putting on the linkage rods, and I think I have found an error in the manual. I think that the location shown for the bottom end of linkage rod (C) on page 6 is wrong. I think it should go to one of the 4 linkage balls on the inner inner set of swash-plate linkage balls.

Some expert please; am I right?

Thank you,

Ted
<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"><!Session data></input><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" /><div id="refHTML"></div>
Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Default RE: Error in T-Rex 450 Sport manual?

They should go there, yes, but I looked at the 450 Pro manual online (horizonhobby support) and it is shown correctly on page 6. I have the 450 Sport super combo with manual at home. I built from that manual, and it was fine.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: tedkurtz

Hi,

I am a real newbie and am assembling my first heli, a T-Rex 450 Sport. I've been following the manual really carefully, nervously and uncertaintly, trying not to screw up. I am just putting on the linkage rods, and I think I have found an error in the manual. I think that the location shown for the bottom end of linkage rod (C) on page 6 is wrong. I think it should go to one of the 4 linkage balls on the inner inner set of swash-plate linkage balls.

Some expert please; am I right?

Thank you,

Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><!ion ><input id="jsProxy" type="hidden" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" /><div id="refHTML"></div>
Ted, you are absolutely correct, there is an error in the manual I just looked at on the Align website..

I have copied that part of the manual and have shown in RED where those arms are supposed to go..

The manual incorrectly shows them going to the ball on the swashplate that should be connected to the Servo..

The diagram on Page 7 in that manual shows the correct position of all linkages..

Old 10-24-2010, 12:14 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your quick responses! Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ted
<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"><!Session data></input><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" /><div id="refHTML"></div>
Old 10-24-2010, 07:47 PM

I just verified my 450 Sport manual, and yes, the same error is there. I didn't look carefully as I was building because it was not my first. Have a look at page 6 of the 450 Pro manual available here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/450PRO.pdf. I believe the picture has been corrected.

Gilles
Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: gi1mo2

I just verified my 450 Sport manual, and yes, the same error is there. I didn't look carefully as I was building because it was not my first. Have a look at page 6 of the 450 Pro manual available here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/450PRO.pdf. I believe the picture has been corrected.

Gilles
yes it definately has been corrected in the Pro Manual I downloaded from the Align website.