Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 HK600GT Arrived Today. >

HK600GT Arrived Today.

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK600GT Arrived Today.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK600GT Arrived Today.

MyHK600GT kitarrived today. I'm very impressed with the quality of the parts. The head came already assembled and I was about to start when I realized I have no CA or threadlock.
Off to the store!
Most of the ball links feel fairly stiff. Is that right?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 AM

Default RE: HK600GT Arrived Today.

I'd love to see some pictures of your heli...

How stiff do are the ball links... will they move at all?? Mine are reasonably firm on the 450s but can be moved easily with a bit of pressure...
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

I'd love to see some pictures of your heli...

How stiff do are the ball links... will they move at all?? Mine are reasonably firm on the 450s but can be moved easily with a bit of pressure...
They're stiffer than I would like, but they all move. I was thinking of getting a couple Rocket City links and compare. The Ray's manual dedicates a chapter to ball links as being at the very root of precise control, (so don't screw it up). That's what I took away from it anyway.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:52 AM

At the swashplate linkage, the movement doesn't feel exactly smooth. I was advised to use a link sizing tool. Got one coming. I haven't even begun to build yet because of tool gathering.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Check the tail rotor assembley where it clamps on to the tail boom. The alignment pin on mine was .020 too small and the assembley wouldn't tighten on to the boom because the slot was not wide enough. Machined the slot bigger(a file will do) and made up a new alignment pin that fixed that other than that I am really impressed with it. You may find that on spool up it will dance on the skids no matter what you do for balancing. How I fixed mine was to tighten the main blades more than usual and set my throttle curve to 8 degress at #1 and 20 degress at #2 reason for this is they need a much more gradual spool up than a 500 or smaller would takes them longer to set them selves to fly. One more thing set the main blades out as straight as possible.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep an eye on the swash. Mine seperated in less than a month.[X(]