Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 450 value for resale??? >

Trex 450 value for resale???

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450 value for resale???

Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450 value for resale???

What do you guys think a fully loaded Trex 450 V1 converted to V2 BnF would be worth? Hitec 65mg's on cyclic, Hitec 65Hb tail servo, align gyro, AR6200 receiver, gray fiber frames, all metal fitting components, all cnc head and tail. Just wondering why my Trex will not sell. [sm=72_72.gif]
Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Default RE: Trex 450 value for resale???

One train of thought, at least why I got into helis in the first place, it that most heli enthusiast seem to want to (and must) learn how to build and repair the heli. Nobody is a pilot out of the box (or BNF). It takes time, and learning from the ground up with cheaper helis etc.

I'm not sure your fully loaded Trex 450 V2 would be the right choice for someone who want to move up. It might not last long and might be too expensive.

On the other hand, if someone got a few HK 450 kits and built them for sale at under $200, there would be takers I bet. Maybe $300 for a Trex? Used, perhaps less, but I would be tempted to discount based on the number of hours of flight there is in the unit.

If someone wanted your heli for parts, then I would say $35 for the used RX, probably same for the gyro and main rotor etc.

Now if you throw in the kitchen sink (batteries, charger, spare parts)... you might ask $400 and settle for $350. There is not a big market out there. I don't know anyone in my city that flies helis and I've asked in the past. Even the LHS doesn't sell bigger than Blade 400 (and not very popular). I say $400 because I almost bought a complete kit from someone with what I have described for $400 including shipping.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: gi1mo2

On the other hand, if someone got a few HK 450 kits and built them for sale at under $200, there would be takers I bet. Maybe $300 for a Trex? Used, perhaps less, but I would be tempted to discount based on the number of hours of flight there is in the unit.
I like that idea!
I recently saw thatHobby King has a 450 clone kit for $10, so it should be possible for a RTFfor$100
Sure, it's a POS, but cheap to fix and what better training? Skip the tiny coaxs and delicate FPs and go for a 450 CCPM right off. Good times!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: jp22878

What do you guys think a fully loaded Trex 450 V1 converted to V2 BnF would be worth? Hitec 65mg's on cyclic, Hitec 65Hb tail servo, align gyro, AR6200 receiver, gray fiber frames, all metal fitting components, all cnc head and tail. Just wondering why my Trex will not sell. [sm=72_72.gif]
I've found ebay to be fairly predictive of pricing. You can search in completed auctions for more results.