Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 HK- 450 or trex 450 ? >

HK- 450 or trex 450 ?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK- 450 or trex 450 ?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK- 450 or trex 450 ?

Hi Guys .
I have been flying nitro heli's for many years now its time for an electric , i am looking at 450 size from cost setup etc .

I have been told the HK450 clone ond the trex 450 are the same . i can buy a new clone or a good second hand trex for about the same money .

my local hobby shop have told me getting a hk450 or any clone will have very little resale value and if i buy a good used trex i should always get most of my money back they also theytell me if i turn up at a flying club with a copy / clone most club membershave very little respect for them (must have the real thing with futaba gyro etc) my LHS only sell trex parts so i would think they would push for trex sales .

so i need some advice take a chance with a S/H trex or get a new HK450 .

what do you guys think ?????????

Bill.</p>
Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 PM

Default RE: HK- 450 or trex 450 ?

What kind of clubs is your LHS talking about? I've flown at many different fields here in California and I've never seen anyone give clone heli pilots a hard time. If you show up and fly in the pits, then I can see that happening. If it's going to cost the same and you trust the person you buy the heli from, then you might as well go for the used T-Rex. What version is it?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM

Personally I love the clones..

the genuine article may have better quality of components but you pay a premium for them..

These helis are all mine and all clones.. with over 400 flights between 3 helis.. not a single problem.

Who cares what the club guys think...  I just fly mine in my local park..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNrafMSx_AU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rrFLyNZ8Q[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEh7IJlAdCg[/youtube]

I have 3 of them, all flying beautifully for less than the cost of one genuine TREX.. 

for me its a no brainer...

Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess they are all made in the same factory in china , the importers give them a "brand" and put a large markup on them ,
From what i have seen if the local hobby shop dont sell it "its crap" thats untill they start importing it themselfs then they are ok

I can see bills point if he wants to sell and move to a 600 size he will get more money for a branded product

phil
Old 11-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about buying a good used clone ?????
you will not have to pay a lot of money ,
your getting a good helicopter and with the money you save you can get better gyro , servo's or lipo's

you could be a winner all round

.............it is written that one day clones will inherit the heli world......................