Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Is there a huge difference between cheap electrnoics and good electronics?450 PRO >

Is there a huge difference between cheap electrnoics and good electronics?450 PRO

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Is there a huge difference between cheap electrnoics and good electronics?450 PRO

Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a huge difference between cheap electrnoics and good electronics?450 PRO

Hi, I was thinking about getting new electronics (mainly the cyclic servos, gyro, and rudder servo) for my 450. I originally bought the TAROT 450 PRO kit and installed really cheap electronics in it, like the tower pro 9g servos and the gy48v servo. I have a hitec 225 in the rudder. I was wondering if getting better electronics such as the 65mg, and a better gyro and tail servo (havne't decided these yet) would greatly affect the performance. THis wasn't really an issue before when i was just doing figure 8s, but now i'm starting 3D and it seems that the helicopter feels really mushy and slow. Not very precise.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM

Default RE: Is there a huge difference between cheap electrnoics and good electronics?450 PRO

It will help, but you might want to move or remove the flybar weight first. The heli should respond faster. If the tail doesn't hold, then a better digital servo will help along with a better gyro.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:17 AM

Default RE: Is there a huge difference between cheap electrnoics and good electronics?450 PRO

ORIGINAL: helicub81

Hi, I was thinking about getting new electronics (mainly the cyclic servos, gyro, and rudder servo) for my 450. I originally bought the TAROT 450 PRO kit and installed really cheap electronics in it, like the tower pro 9g servos and the gy48v servo. I have a hitec 225 in the rudder. I was wondering if getting better electronics such as the 65mg, and a better gyro and tail servo (havne't decided these yet) would greatly affect the performance. THis wasn't really an issue before when i was just doing figure 8s, but now i'm starting 3D and it seems that the helicopter feels really mushy and slow. Not very precise.
What is that you are not happy with now? Do you want faster response or a better holding, more precision?

Old 12-31-2010, 01:53 PM

Basically, I want a more precise tail the most. Would a better gyro/tail servo help a lot with this?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:23 PM

better tail servo and gyro will help out you need a fast speed tail servo and i have the gy48v from xheli $12 and the futaba s9650 servo and it works really good
Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

<span lang="EN">

I agree with other comments</p>

I also found as I started throwing the heli around on stunt mode the plastic geared servos don’t hold up so well, so you may want to get metal gears for 3D.
<span lang="EN"/></p>

I prefer crashing do to bad flying not striped gears[X(]</p></span>
Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 AM

If you really want a rock solid and precise tail, look for a specialized rudder servo or one with a speed around .07sec / 60 deg (JR DS3500G/ Futaba S9257). Next look for a MEMS type of gyro (I.E.Quark, GP780, GY520, etc). The cheap 401 knock offs are o/k to a point. I have several including the GY48 and they all work about the same and will give a pretty decent hold up to a point. Most drift and require a little rudder trim during flight and they do not handle temp change very well.

As for cyclic servos, they're many very good servos to chose from. Look for a 9gm servo (plastic gear) or a 12gm servo (metal gears) with a speed at least .10 seconds / 60 degrees (check dimensions to make sure it will fit). If you are still in the learning FFF phase, the metal gear servos will help in the crash worthiness areas, as long as they are high quality. Metal gears do develop some slop over time but can survive a crash a little better. I have been using JR DS285MG servos for a few years now and they have survived several crashes but after a few years of flying, have developed a bit of play and it's time to replace the gears. Either way, you will eventually have to replace the gears at one point.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Do you know of the s9257 would fit the 450 Pro's servo holder because the servo holder is larger than the ones on the older 450 models.