Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Tail wag after dx8 I stall >

Tail wag after dx8 I stall

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Tail wag after dx8 I stall

Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail wag after dx8 I stall

Seem to have acquired a tail wag after changing from a dx6i to a dx8 but only on my trex 600esp(my raptor 30 settings work perfectly after the change) as I say I have changed nothing other then the rt and tx, too old settings off dx6i but now have a tail wag no matter what sensitivity I use. Low sensitivity gives me a slow wag and a higher gain gives me a quick wag. Any ideas say on the tx settings
Old 01-24-2011, 10:53 AM

Default RE: Tail wag after dx8 I stall

Is you gyro gain a screw on the heli, or a setting on the tx? I had this problem with my CX 450 as the gain knob was on the tx and i had no clue! 2 mins of twisting things and pressing buttons fixed it. Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:06 PM

Are you using the gyro sense menu or the endpoint adjustment for the gear channel?
i had a similar issue using a Futaba. We tried using the gyro sense menu and the wag wouldn't go away. Found out that it was inhibited and used the gear channel endpoints to fix the wag.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Cleared2Engage is on the right track. First two questions that are very important. What gyro are you using and as said earlier, which menu are you using for gyro?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 AM

Gyro is a Spartan quark, nothing has changed settings wise other then the setting from 22ms to 11ms in regards to speed of the controller can communicate to the receiver at. Have moved control rod in one hole but have not had a chance to test as bad wether here
Old 02-04-2011, 06:31 AM

<div style="border-bottom: medium none; text-align: left; border-left: medium none; background-color: transparent; color: #000000; overflow: hidden; border-top: medium none; border-right: medium none; text-decoration: none">Are you using the gyro sense menu or the endpoint adjustment for the gear channel? Even though they are both Spektrum radios, there are differences and sometimes adjustments do need to be made.

</div>
Old 02-04-2011, 06:50 AM

I think i am using the gyro sense(gain) is that what you mean in the gear channel, endpoint on the spartan gyro controls the pirowet speed, also changed my raptor 30 at the same and was a direct swap with no issues
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 AM

So I take it that you are using the endpoints menu and not the gyro menu, correct?