Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Thicker flybar padels for my 450 pro >

Thicker flybar padels for my 450 pro

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Thicker flybar padels for my 450 pro

Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thicker flybar padels for my 450 pro

Im looking for a set of thicker more airfoil shape padels for my trex 450 pro.

I am still a newbie and have put weights on the flybar, messed with the expo and swash mix numbers on my DX6i.
I am looking for a more stable platform to learn side in and nose in hovering.
Ican fly around for a whole battery pack, go over there hold a tail in hover come back, land.
All in tail in, as soon the heli turns more than 45 degrees I lose control andtry to get back to tail in where Ifeel more comfortable.

All in all Im looking for the easiest flying 450 pro.

Also Ihave a nice home madetraining gearthat already saved me from a dozen crashes.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Default RE: Thicker flybar padels for my 450 pro

The best thing is really to use a simulator. Also try a bit higher when practicing, that might help. I have read that some people have doubled their flybar weight. Not certain how this actually helps.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Thicker flybar padels for my 450 pro

It sounds like you have done all the right things to tame it down from a mechanical standpoint. Instead of trying to find thicker paddles, as Iam not sure that will give you what you're looking for, you might want to approach this from a programming standpoint.

For example, adding 15% (negative on Futaba, positive on Spektrum) expo to the the cyclic servos and 25% to the tail will reduce the control sensitivity close to center on the sticks. If that doesn't give you want your looking for then turn the swash A and E (Aeleron and Elevator) down . The swash percentages control the angle (in degrees) the swash will tip left/right or forward/back. By turning the percentage rate down in swash, you will decrease the amount of angle allowed by the flybar to pitch.

These two programming tips will help to make the heli easier to learn on. As you progress into flips, rolls and loops you will want to increase the swash percentages in A and Eto give you a more agressive roll rate.