Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Erratic T-Rex 600 motor >

Erratic T-Rex 600 motor

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Erratic T-Rex 600 motor

Old 02-11-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratic T-Rex 600 motor

My 600 motor has begun to spin up erratically and tears up drive gears left and right during flight. The heli has a few hours and crashes under its belt - can anyone suggest possible causes before I just start replacing components and hope to get lucky?

After a jittery and erratic soft start, the motor will turn smoothly with good power in idle-up, but eventually during flight it gets crazy and shreds the drive gear. Luckily I have been able to land without incident. I don't suspect the motor itself, seems more logical to me the ESC is malfunctioning, or possibly the receiver?

If anyone has run into this problem and could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated - thanks!

Jesse
Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Erratic T-Rex 600 motor

For what it's worth I have had the same thing happen to me or at least I think the same thing. I would spool up nicely get it in the air and not always but every once in a while it was like it went to full throttle for a second then back to where my stick setting was. I have been trying everything from wire routing to ordering a 2.4 module and reciever which hasn't arrived yet. I heard that static can cause all sorts of control problems and if it's belt drive a lot of static can be produced. What I was told was to lube the belt with silicon lube and then try, so I soaked it. Went and flew today and found my glitches and speed bursts from yesterday did not occur I went through five battery packs without and issue. Now it's too soon to say it's cured but only time and patience will tell and hopefully this and other control problems will be gone.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:13 PM

If it's tearing up your main gear I would look at checking the gear mesh. I'm sure you've heard of the paper trick. Second, if the motor is erratic and you've been in multiple crashes, check the wiring of the motor and esc. If you've smacked into the ground hard enough, stuff can get knocked loose.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: gauicanada

I heard that static can cause all sorts of control problems and if it's belt drive a lot of static can be produced. What I was told was to lube the belt with silicon lube and then try, so I soaked it. Went and flew today and found my glitches and speed bursts from yesterday did not occur I went through five battery packs without and issue. Now it's too soon to say it's cured but only time and patience will tell and hopefully this and other control problems will be gone.
You may try to ground your tail to the motor (motor mount).