Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Exi 450 CF v3

Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exi 450 CF v3

I've been lurking around this site for some time and have learned much from reading the posts here....also been spending a fair amount of time with the Pheonix sim [which just means that all I've accomplished is to be able to semi-hover tail in without crashing!]

Anyway, I just purchased my first heli a EXI 450 CF v3....will start assembly this weekend. However, in preparation for the inevitable crashes that will come and associated parts breakage, I have been doing some research on parts compatibility for this model and am not sure I'm clear yet.

While the EXI's are billed as "Trex compatible" and thus able to use the Align parts, I haven't been able to identify exactly which of the Trex 450 models this is a clone of thus not sure of which Align parts will fit/work. In looking at the Trex manuals, it appears the EXI 450 CF v3 shares the same head assembly as the SE v2. But the frame is clearly different, more resembling the Pro Trex frame? ...and not really sure on the tail assembly, although that might be SE v2 compatible as well?

Maybe I'm making this parts compatibility issue more complicated than it is?

Anyway, if anyone has any experience or information regarding parts compatibility for this model they could share, I would much appreciate the help!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Exi 450 CF v3

ORIGINAL: bergquistd

I've been lurking around this site for some time and have learned much from reading the posts here....also been spending a fair amount of time with the Pheonix sim [which just means that all I've accomplished is to be able to semi-hover tail in without crashing!]

Anyway, I just purchased my first heli a EXI 450 CF v3....will start assembly this weekend. However, in preparation for the inevitable crashes that will come and associated parts breakage, I have been doing some research on parts compatibility for this model and am not sure I'm clear yet.

While the EXI's are billed as "Trex compatible" and thus able to use the Align parts, I haven't been able to identify exactly which of the Trex 450 models this is a clone of thus not sure of which Align parts will fit/work. In looking at the Trex manuals, it appears the EXI 450 CF v3 shares the same head assembly as the SE v2. But the frame is clearly different, more resembling the Pro Trex frame? ...and not really sure on the tail assembly, although that might be SE v2 compatible as well?

Maybe I'm making this parts compatibility issue more complicated than it is?

Anyway, if anyone has any experience or information regarding parts compatibility for this model they could share, I would much appreciate the help!
I think you will find V3 parts readily available on EBAY and other clone sites... Tarot V3 Parts will fit also.. This link should get you any spares you need.. http://www.hobby-wing.com/tarot-450-...are-parts.html

Hope that helps..
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the reply and link Rob I will keep the link bookmarked as I'm sure I'll need it frequently!

BTW, I've been following your "mega thread" (HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible) for quite awhile with you, Brian, Peter and others....quite entertaining! I think its 50% educational value and 50% entertainment value love the videos and the 'blatherin'!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bergquistd

Thanks for the reply and link Rob I will keep the link bookmarked as I'm sure I'll need it frequently!

BTW, I've been following your "mega thread" (HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible) for quite awhile with you, Brian, Peter and others....quite entertaining! I think its 50% educational value and 50% entertainment value love the videos and the 'blatherin'!
ha ha,..yes thanks.. maybe too much blatherin from me but hopefully some good info in there also.. Its a greatthread and feel free to join in the fun....