Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

EXI Clone questions

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

EXI Clone questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXI Clone questions

Hi, soon i'm going to be getting an EXIclone to replace my SR. i have two questions
1. what is a good battery for it? cheep but still good flight times etc.
2. i want to order a few spare parts WITH the heli, so i don't have to wait for the mail if i crash. It has a different style head than i've ever crashed before haha. what should i get? spindle, blade grips, blades, fly bar rod... anything else?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: EXI Clone questions

Main shafts and tail blades come to mind
Old 06-11-2011, 04:33 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Callouscade
Hi, soon i'm going to be getting an EXI clone to replace my SR. i have two questions
1. what is a good battery for it? cheep but still good flight times etc.
2. i want to order a few spare parts WITH the heli, so i don't have to wait for the mail if i crash. It has a different style head than i've ever crashed before haha. what should i get? spindle, blade grips, blades, fly bar rod... anything else?
Thanks!
Hey mate,

To perfectly answer 1. try the link [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6306]Hobbyking Zippy Flightmax 3S 20C[/link] for the beginner. These lipos cannot deliver the amps required for 3D flying - but if you are gonna learn to hover with them they are cheap & great![sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Later on you might want to look up www.rc450.com. This is a site that likeminded guys have set up to help out with links to just about everything you need for this size bird............

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. For most of the powertrain items I recommend the quality products at Align (or Tarot) - you will pay a little more, but get parts that will last where it is most needed[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Callouscade

thanks everyone. this guy helped me set up my raptor perfectly and we tested it in his neighbors yard so his neighbor sold me his Trex 450 SA. I don't think it has an ALIGN head on it... it has ALIGN written all over it except there. Is there a way to tell? and when i go to the hobby shop to get some spare parts, do you think this should be all i should need
Flybars
spindles
Blades
Main shafts
Belts
tail shafts
booms

it has an all metal head right now, will all the ALIGN stuff work even if it isn't an ALIGN head?

do they still make all the SA stuff? is there a website anyone knows of that has a list of what PRO parts will fit and what SA specific parts their are.

thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

The older Trex's (SA for example) came with the smaller 2 mm spindles and didn't have thrust washers. You will want to get to the spindle and see whats in there to determine what head you have. Include some pictures if you can.

Mark
Old 07-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Callouscade

i have spindles already so that won't be an issue. he gave me 9
Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I have found that even the 3mm spindles are too small.  I can wrap a 4mm so tight that you have to cut it to remove it from the head assembly.  I still have some heads that take a 3mm spindle, and have found that the Esky Honey Bee King II spindles fit the Align XL head perfectly.
Basically, you want the same diameter and length.  The 450 clones I have all use Align parts.  The HK 450 MT uses a 4x41mm spindle shaft, and the Pro uses a 4x51mm shaft.  The Tarot Pro uses a 4x51mm shaft, and the Align shafts in each size fits these helicopters.
Bryan
Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

what size 250 450 500? the clones are decent well exi's but the bolts strip and break and definately tlock all of them in the kits as china doesnt seem to do that well. if money is of no object buy a whole other kit as that would be a ultimate crash kit and for price well you figure it out. main blades tail blades  feather and main shafts and booms  seem to be the most popular