Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

CopterX 250 motor question

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

CopterX 250 motor question

Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 AM
whoaty55
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CopterX 250 motor question

Im currently building the CopterX 250 and have a question about my motor setup. I currently have alot of left over electronics from my airplane park flying days that i'm trying to incorporate into the build to save cash.

The problem is, my brushless outrunner is aTeam Orion GustMN (More Neutral)rated at1380KV. I would be pairing this with a 30C 1250 3cell lipo and a 16 amp team orion esc. Obviously the head speed with a 15T pinion gear wont be near enough. From my calculations a 34T pinion gear would get me to the head speed needed but I have no clue what kind of stress this would cause. Is this even plausible or should i bite the bullet and purchase a new motor. If so, which one would you suggest for my lipo and esc setup? I would really like to keep my motor becuase its served me well over the years but if it wont work......it wont work. Working on a shoe string budget.

I've actully got two of the gustMN's and it would be a shame to trash them. Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 AM
whoaty55
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: CopterX 250 motor question

Never going to work so im purchasing the align 250sp. I'll use the old motors when building a bigger chopper.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CopterX 250 motor question

ORIGINAL: whoaty55

Im currently building the CopterX 250 and have a question about my motor setup. I currently have alot of left over electronics from my airplane park flying days that i'm trying to incorporate into the build to save cash.

The problem is, my brushless outrunner is aTeam Orion GustMN (More Neutral)rated at1380KV. I would be pairing this with a 30C 1250 3cell lipo and a 16 amp team orion esc. Obviously the head speed with a 15T pinion gear wont be near enough. From my calculations a 34T pinion gear would get me to the head speed needed but I have no clue what kind of stress this would cause. Is this even plausible or should i bite the bullet and purchase a new motor. If so, which one would you suggest for my lipo and esc setup? I would really like to keep my motor becuase its served me well over the years but if it wont work......it wont work. Working on a shoe string budget.

I've actully got two of the gustMN's and it would be a shame to trash them. Thanks in advance!!!!!
You could put the motors on Flee bay starting bid at what you want out of them.
HK just released this motor and looks promising good price. $7.88