Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 600E destroys itself >

Trex 600E destroys itself

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 600E destroys itself

Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 600E destroys itself

Hi everyone, I have a question that I just can't answer. Why did the heli do what it did? This is a trex 600E that will soon be mine and I don't want what happened today to happen to me.

The current owner was taking off, and banked forward to doa highspeed climb take off, but right as he gave it positive, it went full negative and hit the ground. What could have caused this? It is the newer align 600E with a flybared head on it. before it was originaly a flybarless with a 3GX. the 3GX pounding it in 4 or 5 times he said... but now it did it again... could it be the reciever rebooting mid flight for some reason?

thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Trex 600E destroys itself

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

Hi everyone, I have a question that I just can't answer. Why did the heli do what it did? This is a trex 600E that will soon be mine and I don't want what happened today to happen to me.

The current owner was taking off, and banked forward to do a highspeed climb take off, but right as he gave it positive, it went full negative and hit the ground. What could have caused this? It is the newer align 600E with a flybared head on it. before it was originaly a flybarless with a 3GX. the 3GX pounding it in 4 or 5 times he said... but now it did it again... could it be the reciever rebooting mid flight for some reason?

thanks!
It is really hard to say.. it could be a receiver problem, a set up problem, a servo failure,

Does the same thing happen while static testing on the ground? What were his throttle and pitch curves for normal and any various idle up modes...

It becomes a process of elimination...
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 AM

its never done it on the ground. it wasn't a servo failure cuz it went full negative perfectly strait into the ground. it didn't twist or bank or anything. His throotle/pitch curves wouldn't be it iether because he was beating on it like crazy the flight before that one. if the reciever was rebooting, would it make the servos possibly go into the full down position? i think it may be static from something. can't be sure though.

this is going to be one expensive proccess of elimination!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

its never done it on the ground. it wasn't a servo failure cuz it went full negative perfectly strait into the ground. it didn't twist or bank or anything. His throotle/pitch curves wouldn't be it iether because he was beating on it like crazy the flight before that one. if the reciever was rebooting, would it make the servos possibly go into the full down position? i think it may be static from something. can't be sure though.

this is going to be one expensive proccess of elimination!
Yes, it is possible his fail safe position for the RX was full down..

The easy way to test that is to disconnect the motor.. then put full up collective and then turn off your Transmitter and see what happens... if the collective goes to full down, then you have your answer...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:10 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Hi there,

Are you also planning on using the same receiver that is on the heli now? If it has gone down hard as you said you may want to consider replacing the rx just to be on the safe side...esp considering an out of control 600 is a scary thought!

Don't forget that since this is a used heli I would double check loctite on some key area's: main grip and tail grip screws, tail hub grub screw, tail pitch assembly screws, and the tail rotor control arm for starters. You may also want to regrease the thrust bearings and OWB while your at it.

Good luck and congrats on your soon-to-be new heli.

Mark
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM

thanks! I'm definitely changing the reciever! as for locktite, I don't really have to be worried, he's a REALLY good pilot, without loctite the bird would have been in the ground before the first flight. I'll see if he wants to check the fail safe, if not I will once I get it.

thank!