Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Savox SB-2272MG vs Futaba BL251 >

Savox SB-2272MG vs Futaba BL251

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Savox SB-2272MG vs Futaba BL251

Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savox SB-2272MG vs Futaba BL251

Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/210497/n/Savox-SB-2272MG-Lightning-Speed-Brushless-Metal-Gear-Digital-Servo-High-Voltage]Savox SB-2272MG[/link] brushless tail servo. I am looking to buy a new tail servo for my Trex 500 FBL with cgy750 gyro/FBL controller and I have heard a lot of great reviews about the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/28057/n/Futaba-BLS251-Digital-Brushless-Helicopter-Rudder-Servo]Futaba BLS251[/link].
However, the Savox servo seems to have better specs, metal gears, and a slightly lower price. Not sure which to buy. Anybody have any experience with it?
Thank you
Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Default RE: Savox SB-2272MG vs Futaba BL251

ORIGINAL: spiftacu1ar

Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/210497/n/Savox-SB-2272MG-Lightning-Speed-Brushless-Metal-Gear-Digital-Servo-High-Voltage]Savox SB-2272MG[/link] brushless tail servo. I am looking to buy a new tail servo for my Trex 500 FBL with cgy750 gyro/FBL controller and I have heard a lot of great reviews about the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/28057/n/Futaba-BLS251-Digital-Brushless-Helicopter-Rudder-Servo]Futaba BLS251[/link].
However, the Savox servo seems to have better specs, metal gears, and a slightly lower price. Not sure which to buy. Anybody have any experience with it?
Thank you
Hi, I don't know about the Savox, but I can vouch for the 251 being an Awesome Servo.. I have it on my Gaui X5... The capability of this heli is far beyond my skill level but the feel of the tail is so precise even for an intermediate flyer like me.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Cool, thanks. I tihnk I'll just pick up the BLS251 since no one seems to have experience with the savox. Im pretty new to heli's myself, so my skill is nowhere near the level of the heli either. However, I have had issues with tail wag, and the new gyro (upgraded to CGY750 from teh stock align 3g) helped a bit, but I think the servo is part of the problem, because I get wag no matter how low i set the gains.

I figure if I get a new servo, might as well be somethign that will last a few years, even if i don't need something that good.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: spiftacu1ar

Cool, thanks. I tihnk I'll just pick up the BLS251 since no one seems to have experience with the savox. Im pretty new to heli's myself, so my skill is nowhere near the level of the heli either. However, I have had issues with tail wag, and the new gyro (upgraded to CGY750 from teh stock align 3g) helped a bit, but I think the servo is part of the problem, because I get wag no matter how low i set the gains.

I figure if I get a new servo, might as well be somethign that will last a few years, even if i don't need something that good.
Yes, that might solve your problem. how far out from the centre is your ball link on the rudder servo.. mine is about 9mm. It is perfect. no wag at all.