Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

440mm blades on a 500ESP with 3GX?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

440mm blades on a 500ESP with 3GX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
TakeshiSkunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 440mm blades on a 500ESP with 3GX?

I'm running my 500ESP with 3GX on the standard 425mm blades (not even the FBL blades I don't think, they don't have the 3G logo anywhere on them) with a BL500MX motor. I have my throttle curve pulled back maybe as low as 85% in the center, this was mostly to reduce headspeed slightly while I was getting a feel for it but I was thinking about bumping it back up next time I'm flying. At any rate the headspeed certainly isn't lacking and my current settings aren't tame by anyone's standards.

I'm curious about running larger blades just to make it fly a bit like a bigger machine and float a little more. I've heard that running 430mm blades is not an issue at all and no modification is necessary. I looked to see if anyone offered a 435mm blade but could only find no-name fiberglass blades in that size, but SAB makes a 440mm blade. Would it be safe to run that on my heli without stretching it? Would I need to change my pinion or anything like that to accommodate it?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 440mm blades on a 500ESP with 3GX?

The big diff between fb and fbl blades is where the balance weights are. Have been told the fbl's are balanced more towards the tips.

As for longer blades, methinks you will eat up the batteries much quicker due to the increased swing (length) load.

Check with others, your mileage may vary.

Gary