Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 03-23-2013, 03:00 AM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: rikybob

I will say though that getting into aerial photography with the DJI Phantom is really, really intriguing me!

All the best!

b
DJI Phantom...... Pfffffffft ........ check this out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVa3Av2ggUc&feature=em-share_video_user [/youtube]
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

I will say though that getting into aerial photography with the DJI Phantom is really, really intriguing me!

All the best!

b
DJI Phantom...... Pfffffffft ........ check this out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVa3Av2ggUc&feature=em-share_video_user [/youtube]
I think you would need a pretty high speed camera to film anything on that.And it better be shock proof.
How quick is it. Great skills by the pilot.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

deleted

Awwwwww.......the fact is, is that Me and Simon are EVIL!

EVIL I say!

When he and I speak on the phone quarterly, it's about plotting to take over the civilized world!

Thanx for the compliment!

b
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
ingleburn

Hi guys, well today I took the 450 and the MCPX BL out and had a few firsts.
Finally got the 450 inverted which was a miracle as my hands were shaking so bad its a wonder I didnt crash.
The next battery I practised some more and it was much better.
One thing I noticed was that when it is inverted the tail drifts.Not sure if it is my thumbs doing it or the heli so maybe Jonesy can tell me if his drifts when inverted.

Flew the MCPX BL next and was much better than last time as there was no wind.
Boy has it got some power. Did flips, inverted and my first loops although the loops were really way off centre. Sure my thumbs were to blame for that.
Then I tried some inverted flight and plowed it into the ground. No damage apart from popping the links off and throwing the skids and canopy a mile.
Got some bad vibrations so going to check the blade balance and main shaft as there are reports some are warped from the factory.

All in all not a bad days flying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIytpszZDBo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vFYtNR2Ks[/youtube]
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Finally got the 450 inverted which was a miracle as my hands were shaking so bad its a wonder I didnt crash.
One thing I noticed was that when it is inverted the tail drifts.Not sure if it is my thumbs doing it or the heli so maybe Jonesy can tell me if his drifts when inverted.

Boy has it got some power. Did flips, inverted and my first loops although the loops were really way off centre. Sure my thumbs were to blame for that.
Then I tried some inverted flight and plowed it into the ground.[img][/img] No damage apart from popping the links off and throwing the skids and canopy a mile.
Got some bad vibrations so going to check the blade balance and main shaft as there are reports some are warped from the factory.

Hiya Ingleburn!

Great accomplishment of inverted and great flying overall!!

No flyin', boating or fun otherwise outside as it is just above freezing here![:@]

Had a BLAST at the music fest and suffering from a bit of "post Music Fest letdown" ATM but looking forward to a beach weekend on the west coast of Florida and a week or so later a "work week" for my wife's business on the eastern coast of the US!

All the best!

b
Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 PM
ingleburn

Then I tried some inverted flight and plowed it into the ground.[img][/img] No damage apart from popping the links off and throwing the skids and canopy a mile.

Hiya Ingleburn!

Great accomplishment of inverted and great flying overall!!

No flyin', boating or fun otherwise outside as it is just above freezing here![:@]

Had a BLAST at the music fest and suffering from a bit of "post Music Fest letdown" ATM but looking forward to a beach weekend on the west coast of Florida and a week or so later a "work week" for my wife's business on the eastern coast of the US!

All the best!

b
Thanks Brian. What temp is just above freezing for you. Anything to cold to wear shorts.
A beach weekend and a work weekwill rid you of your post music fest letdown.

As for me I took the BL out today and shot some video. No blather but I have to say, WOW. This thing has some power to burn and Im only at 80% throttle.
Got a bit to big for my boots on the last flight and tried to do multiple flips and ended up drilling it into the ground inverted. Popped the bearing out of the swash but popped it back in again so all good.
So I guess its my turn to be the bad one this time and say to all of you, go buy one they are amazing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwZxohyYfM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RegytmJm2D0[/youtube]

Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 PM
ahamay

Got soe bad vibrations so going to check the blade balance and main shaft as there are reports some are warped from the factory.
Thanks Brian. What temp is just above freezing for you. Anything to cold to wear shorts.
A beach weekend and a work weekwill rid you of your post music fest letdown.
As for me I took the BL out today and shot some video. No blather but I have to say, WOW. This thing has some power to burn and Im only at 80% throttle.
Got a bit to big for my boots on the last flight and tried to do multiple flips and ended up drilling it into the ground inverted. Popped the bearing out of the swash but popped it back in again so all good.
So I guess its my turn to be the bad one this time and say to all of you, go buy one they are amazing.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwZxohyYfM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RegytmJm2D0[/youtube]

Yeah that BL does look like is has some grunt based onthe pitch pumps your doing. Havn't watched the vids yet but will do tonight. With regards to the drifting on the 450 when inverted, i'll check next time but I don't think I've noticed it unless i'm automatically correcting without knowing it.

Crashed my Tarot 450 #2 heli today for the first time, flight number 90. The tail was acting a bit weird and I was doing some piros to test it and lost orientation in the trees in the background and had to hit throttle hold. Gravity is a bizatch!!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Edmund2

Morning Ausies, can not wait for my time to be your time atm, for the long weekend to start. Do plan some flying along with the list of todoos Mrs E drew up last night.

Have fun all.

Edmund
Old 03-28-2013, 04:54 AM
rikybob

Hiya all!

Yah, it's just above freezing here ATM which is odd for this time of year but I've seen it before! I actually DON'T mind it as a HOT summer will be here soon enough!

Just finishing up "evening shifts" here and will, for the next few months be on "variable" shift, WOOT!

May slip outside today and fly the "beast". Since the opportunity to put a 4.0 "ZYX alike" was dashed by the company being out of stock I need to put the Tarot T/T tail on my 500 as it has sat in the closet long enough!

I will refrain from the the BL MCPX but I really, really do like the concept! Mine, like Simons kinda didn't have @ S S out of the box and could use a conversion. If I were to do anything in that realm I would do a "Wowhobbies" upgrade. In addition to saving $$$$ it would give me something to "Work on"!

Sorry to hear you put 'er into the ground Jonesy! I hope you got it on film?? I have to be honest. My eyes have a great attenuation for my job and things that I see you would be amazed! However, I tend to loose orientation sooooo easily with the helis it's frightening! Dunno if it's because I limited myself to my front yard or what but it creeps me out! Hope you are back in the air soon!

Good luck sneaking out Edmund!

All the best!

b
Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 AM
ahamay

Hiya all!
Yah, it's just above freezing here ATM which is odd for this time of year but I've seen it before! I actually DON'T mind it as a HOT summer will be here soon enough!
Just finishing up "evening shifts" here and will, for the next few months be on "variable" shift, WOOT!
May slip outside today and fly the "beast". Since the opportunity to put a 4.0 "ZYX alike" was dashed by the company being out of stock I need to put the Tarot T/T tail on my 500 as it has sat in the closet long enough!
I will refrain from the the BL MCPX but I really, really do like the concept! Mine, like Simons kinda didn't have @ S S out of the box and could use a conversion. If I were to do anything in that realm I would do a "Wowhobbies" upgrade. In addition to saving $$$$ it would give me something to "Work on"!
Sorry to hear you put 'er into the ground Jonesy! I hope you got it on film?? I have to be honest. My eyes have a great attenuation for my job and things that I see you would be amazed! However, I tend to loose orientation sooooo easily with the helis it's frightening! Dunno if it's because I limited myself to my front yard or what but it creeps me out! Hope you are back in the air soon!
Good luck sneaking out Edmund!
All the best!
b
I've done a lot of flying this week as the weather has been great. Somewhere between 35-40 flights between my two helis. Today was the day that the law of averages caught up with me. I managed to arrest a lot of head speed out of it before it went in. Damage report is, skids, main blades, feathering shaft and main shaft..... so I got of pretty lightly I think. I have spares so it won't take long to swap those bits out.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:00 PM
ingleburn

@ Edmond.Have a great long weekend. hope Mrs E didnt give you to long a list.

@ Jonesy. Looks like you got off pretty lightly. The law of averages hasnt caught up with me for a while but Im sure it will soon enough.
40 flights eh.I havent had that many all year. No wonder you are getting so good.

@ Brian. I sense your interest in helis is starting to return. Get that TT out of the closet, Im sure youll love it. As for converting a MCPx to BL I thought about it but a purpose built BL sounded better than tinkering and hoping for the best.
Im kinda waiting for the weather to cool a bit so I can fly without being fried.Just hope its not going to be a cold winter. Yeah I hate evening shifts as well. Although variable ones can be a pain as well.

@ all.I see Simon has tested the new firmware and results are looking good . He is still to busy with his new found friends to grace us with his presence here.

I also see there might be a new key chain coming out that does 1080p. Man it takes ages to upload as it is so we will have to see.

Anyway have a great easter everyone and enjoy your time off.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
mnemennth

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated; only my car died. I now have a lot more time to nuke helis; now on my 3rd Genius CP and sucking as much as ever. Been tinkering with a V929 as FPVplatform, as well as puttering with some foamie planks. Even have a couple old ElectriFly biplanes I'm massaging back to life for to abuse indoors.

Is there any way to join you on your fly-ins with RealFlight, or is it Phoenix-specific?

mnem
*Creator of the "$15 FPV" System* www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php

Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Happy Easter Everyone,
God Bless,
Bryan
Old 03-29-2013, 04:13 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated; only my car died. I now have a lot more time to nuke helis; now on my 3rd Genius CP and sucking as much as ever. Been tinkering with a V929 as FPV platform, as well as puttering with some foamie planks. Even have a couple old ElectriFly biplanes I'm massaging back to life for to abuse indoors.

Is there any way to join you on your fly-ins with RealFlight, or is it Phoenix-specific?

mnem
*Creator of the ''$15 FPV'' System''* www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php

Hi memennenenneth!

Thanx for the shout out and that link to the "Ghetto FPV" was cool as heck!

b
Old 03-29-2013, 04:16 AM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Yah, I'm getting bored and need to "mod" my 500! Even been checkin' out new canopies! Woot! 1st day back on "variable" shift!

@ Bryan - Happy Easter to you as well!

b
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Ddaddy

Happy Easter to Everyone too!

My youngest son turns 16 so party time.  My 17 yo hit a home run last night

mnem, toying with FPV too.  Took my stuff off the 500 and got an AXN to put it on (I'm impressed for such a cheap plane).

And no, Realflight doesn't work with Phoenix...but no bother...only had 1 outing with 3 people since some of the folks on here are niggling snobs!

Best,
Ken
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
rikybob

My youngest son turns 16 so party time. My 17 yo hit a home run last night

mnem, toying with FPV too. Took my stuff off the 500 and got an AXN to put it on (I'm impressed for such a cheap plane).

And no, Realflight doesn't work with Phoenix...but no bother...only had 1 outing with 3 people since some of the folks on here are niggling snobs!

Best,
Ken
Congrats on the boy turning 16 y/o! He now has to purchase a fishing license! [:'(]

Congrats on a home run! I've never hit one!

As for the "niggling snobs", I resemble that remark!

I really need to see if all my Phoenix settings are still intact and perhaps get with you and see if we can do a session!!

All the best!

b
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Ddaddy

My youngest son turns 16 so party time. My 17 yo hit a home run last night
mnem, toying with FPV too. Took my stuff off the 500 and got an AXN to put it on (I'm impressed for such a cheap plane).
Best,
Ken
Congrats on the boy turning 16 y/o! He now has to purchase a fishing license! [:'(]

Congrats on a home run! I've never hit one!

As for the "niggling snobs", I resemble that remark!

I really need to see if all my Phoenix settings are still intact and perhaps get with you and see if we can do a session!!

All the best!

b
Jeez...thanks for reminding me about the license!

Resemble?! You set the standard

Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Got some new PHAT batteries for my long sitting MCPX and MQX!

Enjoy the Piffle, Blather, Balderdash and Poppycock below!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZps3rWBfI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
mnemennth

Heya b!

How're things over on the mrrp coast? You have to mount pellet guns on your heli to fend off the skeeters yet?

Yeah; the Ghetto Fab FPV was an interesting experiment; looking soon to move up to a V959 so I can tinker widdall the extra channels for camera, water cannon, nerf gun, winch, etc.

Looking for a new car since mine got totaled; Wed night some jackhole in a jacked up 4x4 cut across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic and nailed me in the turning lane while I was - get this - actually using it TO MAKE A TURN. I know... how dare I, right? Trying to keep working so I can pay for it.

Been building some new TXes; reflashed my Turnigy 9X to the current er9x firmware, got me a new 9XR too. Been building custom TXmodules for both.

But now all my parts from HobbySuck and 2Bangs have arrived; time to rebuild my Minius and Genius CP, and my biplanes. And try and get in some stick time on the sim.

That's pretty much it from Hottern'ell, TX.

Oh, and - Hey Jonesy! Tough luck on the crash, good for you on catching a "No major damage" break!

mnem
No mas.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:36 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Heya b!

How're things over on the mrrp coast? You have to mount pellet guns on your heli to fend off the skeeters yet?

No rain so no bugs! (Yay!) But all that will change soon enough!

Yeah; the Ghetto Fab FPV was an interesting experiment; looking soon to move up to a V959 so I can tinker widdall the extra channels for camera, water cannon, nerf gun, winch, etc.

I'm just droolin' over the RTF Phantom but I have been able to successfully NOT drop 1k on the whole outfit. Other competitors will come soon enough and prices will drop!

Looking for a new car since mine got totaled; Wed night some jackhole in a jacked up 4x4 cut across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic and nailed me in the turning lane while I was - get this - actually using it TO MAKE A TURN. I know... how dare I, right? Trying to keep working so I can pay for it.

So sorry to hear that. I hope no one was hurt. Folks forget that here in the state we KILL, no MAIM but actually KILL 38K Americans a year in auto crashes! We've successfully done this for nearly 40 years! Simply amazing!

Been building some new TXes; reflashed my Turnigy 9X to the current er9x firmware, got me a new 9XR too. Been building custom TX modules for both.

Fun stuff! Been too busy to do me hobbies much. Hope to get back to it soon!

But now all my parts from HobbySuck and 2Bangs have arrived; time to rebuild my Minius and Genius CP, and my biplanes. And try and get in some stick time on the sim.

That's pretty much it from Hottern'ell, TX. :P

The Wx here today was puurrrrfect! 75F in the day! The weekend looks lovely too but sadly.......gotta work!

mnem
No mas.

All the best!

b
Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 AM
Rob2160

Then I tried some inverted flight and plowed it into the ground. No damage apart from popping the links off and throwing the skids and canopy a mile.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIytpszZDBo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vFYtNR2Ks[/youtube]
Wow, great flying, I felt every emotion when you were talking about the shaking fingers.. there is no way to describe it unless you have experienced it yourself..

Awesome stuff.. really enjoyed watching those vids.. have been away from home since virtually October last year but hope to be back soon and put in some serious heli flying..

Yeah the BL MCPX is a great heli.. have 2 now.. one for Perth, one for Sydney...

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIytpszZDBo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vFYtNR2Ks
Wow, great flying, I felt every emotion when you were talking about the shaking fingers.. there is no way to describe it unless you have experienced it yourself..

Awesome stuff.. really enjoyed watching those vids.. have been away from home since virtually October last year but hope to be back soon and put in some serious heli flying..

Yeah the BL MCPX is a great heli.. have 2 now.. one for Perth, one for Sydney...

Thanks Rob and welcome back.
Yeah the shakes come with the territory but luckily dont last long anymore.
My LHS has a big order of MicroHeli stuff coming in soon so the BL will be getting a few hop ups.
Its awesome and I hope when you get settled back here we can get out and finally have a fly.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:40 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Hiya forum stranger!

Glad to see ya!

b
Old 04-01-2013, 03:15 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

JNail formerly of this thread has been after me to get [link=http://www.headsuphobby.com/GWS-SLOW-STICK-RED-GWS103.htm]THIS[/link] for a year or so!

I'm GIDDY with excitement!

b

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.