Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 04-09-2013, 03:07 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey Guy's had a beautiful day today, went flying with Bryan and TJ. I got to fly my Waco and pawnee while Bryan put his helis through the paces. He had the 450 and 500 working great flips loops rolls inverted he is getting good. TJ had his quad flying using a video moniter to fly by,

I don't think I could do that.

As for me the planes went great but yesterday my trex 500 lost the main gear in flight you can guess the rest. yes she went in the damage was bad! got the dfc rotor head main shaft tail boom landing gear and a lot of other things!!!!! Today the gaui 425 went in!!!!! Tail push rod hung up and the rest is history! Got the frame boom gear blades. I thaught I was going to cry!!!

I found all the parts to rebuild her for less than the dfc head on the trex. so I guess a mail man will make a vist to ga. I hope every one else had a great weekend. TJ will be posting the gaui crash I look forward to seeing it. Well it's back to work tommrow to pay for the carnage

Hugh
Wow Hugh!

You had a MONUMENTAL DAY!

Ratz on the Trex and double RATZ on the Gaui!

Trying to make the heli gods rich??

Re: FPV. I like Robs observation in that that is how he actually flies ITRW on a daily basis so he doesn't want to do it for fun. Not having tried it I don't think I want to go down the "real world avatar" trail! To each his own!

As for me, I kinda, sorta new that my Align 500 was not up to par in that the Copter X wasn't performing well on my Align 500. It caused "wet dog shakes" as evidenced by the upgraded software being installed yesterday! What a blast now that I have a 500 sized heli that behaves, ostensibly like my MCPX! So we can stop hatin' on the Align 510's!

Had a nice visit with our Evil British Overlord Simon this morning with our quarterly phone call!

I always enjoy playing "catch up" on the private issues of our lives that would bore folks to tears here!

Off tomorrow and the next day and will attempt to maiden the the Slow Stick in the morning if the wind is nice and quite. Got a date to meet friends at the Torches.org Heli field Thursday morning where my little Slow Stick is welcomed!

I hope all is well in your collective worlds!

b
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Yes it was the day! The news on the gaui is 135.00 the trex is going back to flybar for now. I had the orginal head so what the hay. I still need to get a few parts like umbrella gears but Bryan supplied a tail boom that worked great. the wifie supplied the rest of the $$$ for the other repairs. Back to work tommrow hope the slow stick doe's well. Good Luck. Hugh
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
rikybob

[/quote]Yes it was the day! The news on the gaui is 135.00 the trex is going back to flybar for now. I had the orginal head so what the hay. I still need to get a few parts like umbrella gears but Bryan supplied a tail boom that worked great. the wifie supplied the rest of the $$$ for the other repairs. Back to work tommrow hope the slow stick doe's well. Good Luck. Hugh [qoute]

Glad you'll be airborne soon!

Just an FYI, I use the RJX found at Hobbyking and [link=http://compare.ebay.com/like/150795310380?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar]HERE[/link] and it works WONDERFULLY!

b

Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Sunday was quite a day.  I maidened a Hangar 9 Twist and hope to post video as soon as TJ posts on YouTube.
I was quite shaken in the fact that Hugh crashed two of his most favorite birds in as many days.  My week turned out unusual in the fact that none of my airplanes, helicopters, or trucks were injured but highly abused during its duration.  This scares the help out of me as I am usually the one trashing my livery.
I will be posting vids as soon as they become available.
B
Old 04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
rikybob

Sunday was quite a day. I maidened a Hangar 9 Twist and hope to post video as soon as TJ posts on YouTube.
I was quite shaken in the fact that Hugh crashed two of his most favorite birds in as many days. My week turned out unusual in the fact that none of my airplanes, helicopters, or trucks were injured but highly abused during its duration. This scares the help out of me as I am usually the one trashing my livery.
I will be posting vids as soon as they become available.
B
Yah, I feel for him! When you crash the big 'uns.......

Glad your time went well and what a cool bird! Looking forward to the viddys a bunch!

All the best!

b
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hey Guy's had a beautiful day today, went flying with Bryan and TJ. I got to fly my Waco and pawnee while Bryan put his helis through the paces. He had the 450 and 500 working great flips loops rolls inverted he is getting good. TJ had his quad flying using a video moniter to fly by,

As for me the planes went great but yesterday my trex 500 lost the main gear in flight you can guess the rest. yes she went in the damage was bad! got the dfc rotor head main shaft tail boom landing gear and a lot of other things!!!!! Today the gaui 425 went in!!!!! Tail push rod hung up and the rest is history! Got the frame boom gear blades. I thaught I was going to cry!!!

I found all the parts to rebuild her for less than the dfc head on the trex. so I guess a mail man will make a vist to ga. I hope every one else had a great weekend. TJ will be posting the gaui crash I look forward to seeing it. Well it's back to work tommrow to pay for the carnage

Hugh
Wow Hugh!

Re: FPV. I like Robs observation in that that is how he actually flies ITRW on a daily basis so he doesn't want to do it for fun. Not having tried it I don't think I want to go down the "real world avatar" trail! To each his own!

As for me, I kinda, sorta new that my Align 500 was not up to par in that the Copter X wasn't performing well on my Align 500. It caused "wet dog shakes" as evidenced by the upgraded software being installed yesterday! What a blast now that I have a 500 sized heli that behaves, ostensibly like my MCPX! So we can stop hatin' on the Align 510's!

Had a nice visit with our Evil British Overlord Simon this morning with our quarterly phone call!

I always enjoy playing "catch up" on the private issues of our lives that would bore folks to tears here!

Off tomorrow and the next day and will attempt to maiden the the Slow Stick in the morning if the wind is nice and quite. Got a date to meet friends at the Torches.org Heli field Thursday morning where my little Slow Stick is welcomed!

b
@ Hugh Wow thats a shame to lose 2 birds in 2 days. Hope they are back in the air soon. I think I fly to much in my comfort zone so crashes are few and far between.

@ Byran We need to see some vids of you flying the helis. Sounds like you are really flinging them around.

@ Brian I finally made sense of what you did to yours. Had me scratching my head for a while. Glad the new firmware is working out and you dont have to cross flash.
I think a phone tap on your conversation with Simon would reveal some interesting chit chat. Hope the maiden of the slow stick goes well but just in case, keep your head up so we can see the evidence.

@ All. Well today was perfect with sunny skies and no wind but for some reason I couldnt get in the swing of things.
Lasted 2 batteries with the 450 and got bored. Put it away and got the BL out thinking some raw power would get my heart pumping but no go. Lasted 2 batteries and packed up.
Guess some days are like that and I bet tomorrow I will be ready for action and it will rain.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM
pushinoldrc

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hugh
Wow Hugh!

b
@ Hugh Wow thats a shame to lose 2 birds in 2 days. Hope they are back in the air soon. I think I fly to much in my comfort zone so crashes are few and far between.

@ Byran We need to see some vids of you flying the helis. Sounds like you are really flinging them around.

@ Brian I finally made sense of what you did to yours. Had me scratching my head for a while. Glad the new firmware is working out and you dont have to cross flash.
I think a phone tap on your conversation with Simon would reveal some interesting chit chat. Hope the maiden of the slow stick goes well but just in case, keep your head up so we can see the evidence.

@ All. Well today was perfect with sunny skies and no wind but for some reason I couldnt get in the swing of things.
Lasted 2 batteries with the 450 and got bored. Put it away and got the BL out thinking some raw power would get my heart pumping but no go. Lasted 2 batteries and packed up.
Guess some days are like that and I bet tomorrow I will be ready for action and it will rain.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3jvGX43y_M[/youtube]

Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
hugj

Thanks to TJ for the great video! I got the parts to day to fix the Gaui, a lot of work total rebuild!!! Off to work Hugh
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Had a wonderful day off today!

Slipped out to my local 20 acre neighborhood field and after 5 attempts got my Slow Stick up for a flight and decent landing!

I'm not exactly certain why it flies so oddly but I suspect it's the nut behind the sticks! I think my wing is too far back and needs to come forward!

I got to fly the Align 500 and WOW what a difference with the software upgrade!

Flew the MCP X and it is lethargic with my 2.2kg upgrade battery!

After a pleasant "safety nap" I slipped out to the lake and ran the airboat! I got the ESC wet and had to wade out and rescue it! Wifey's blow drier cooked the offending water out and good as NEW!

Got to sail the Nirvana II but the wind laid and at 85F I decided to pack it up and head in to prep for a nice morning at the Torchs.org field tomorrow!

Hope everyone got shum schickt time!

b

PS Great viddy Bryan/Huge! Comments on YT!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K059c-8cZz4[/youtube]

Give the Viddy an hour from 1753hrs EST!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
hugj

yep shes tail heavy move the wing a little forward. At the main spar of the wing it should drop slightly towards the nose one finger on each side of the fuse  at the spar.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
rikybob

yep shes tail heavy move the wing a little forward. At the main spar of the wing it should drop slightly towards the nose one finger on each side of the fuse at the spar.
Yah, did the build watching a viddy and CG really wasn't addressed so's I "eyeballed" it. Turns out the manual says 4 and 1/8 from the LE. There is a fudge factor though so's I can play with it. Better nose than tail heavy apparently. DOH!

All the best!

b

PS Is RC Universe "ganked out" in that I don't have a quote button and have to do it manually.[:@]
PSS Ordered two more 3000's for my aging "Mr. Bloaty's"! I'll keep them around as they "wedge" in the airboat compartment well!
PSS: [link=http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/CX-3XX000v2-1.zip]Here[/link] is the link for the CX1000 firmware upgrade and software. It took about a minute!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:25 PM
ingleburn

yep shes tail heavy move the wing a little forward. At the main spar of the wing it should drop slightly towards the nose one finger on each side of the fuse at the spar.
Yah, did the build watching a viddy and CG really wasn't addressed so's I "eyeballed" it. Turns out the manual says 4 and 1/8 from the LE. There is a fudge factor though so's I can play with it. Better nose than tail heavy apparently. DOH!

All the best!

b

PS Is RC Universe "ganked out" in that I don't have a quote button and have to do it manually.[:@]
PSS Ordered two more 3000's for my aging "Mr. Bloaty's"! I'll keep them around as they "wedge" in the airboat compartment well!
PSS: [link=http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/CX-3XX000v2-1.zip]Here[/link] is the link for the CX1000 firmware upgrade and software. It took about a minute!
It was really ganked out last night in that an under repair screen came up. Seems they still have a few things to work out.
Both fields I fly at were being used today so no go with the 450 although got a few flights in with the BL until a crash broke my tail boom.
Keeping an eye on the #16 forum and it looks like a new 1080p cam is soon to be available. Wonder if its wide angle.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 PM
ingleburn

Well I got my mojo back. After watching Brians vids I took the Nano out to cycle the batteries. Must say the Nanotecs dont hold there charge for long as 2 hit LVC after less than 2 min.
So I loaded the 450 into the car and off to check out the fields again and the first one was free of mowers and workers.
Flew all 5 batteries and had a great time in perfect weather
I must admit I thought long and hard about buying a 550 thinking that a new heli would spark my interest but all I needed was a new challenge which was to see how low I could go inverted.
Time to start trying tail in inverted before I get bored again.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgjLwRXyQI[/youtube]
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 AM
rikybob

Hiya Ingleburn!

GREAT viddy and GREAT flying!

Re: Folks "hogging" the field. Remedy: Take all your clothes off and run around in circles hollaring. Works every time!

You toss that thang around with great authority!

As for a 550, I really like the 500 class and don't see a time where I will go back to the 'little 'uns!

I watch the dozens and dozens of folks at my flying club and I have the smallest aircraft!

Easier to work on, easier to see, less crashes, tames the wind on and on......

Gonna wait till someone tires of the the 550 or goes to a Goblin and see if I can SCORE!

Re: 808 #16. I subscribed to the thread and just poked around. Thinkin' I will wait for the 1080! Got a timeline and a price yet?

Woke up at 0500 (Gmeister is visiting and has a smokers cough) and looks like we are getting a bit of wind prior to a cold front coming. Grrrrrr!

Moved the wing forward on the little plane and may slip out to the local field before the heli field as its on a hill.

All the best!

b
Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 AM
pushinoldrc

Well I got my mojo back. After watching Brians vids I took the Nano out to cycle the batteries. Must say the Nanotecs dont hold there charge for long as 2 hit LVC after less than 2 min.
So I loaded the 450 into the car and off to check out the fields again and the first one was free of mowers and workers.
I must admit I thought long and hard about buying a 550 thinking that a new heli would spark my interest but all I needed was a new challenge which was to see how low I could go inverted.

I spoke with TJ about the video yesterday. He video taped the whole day with a few cameras, and got lots of footage, but he wanted to keep the video on YouTube shorter than 5 minutes.
The Gaui that went in was Hugh's crash. It broke the frame along with the various normal losses. He found a frame for about $25 USD, and Ithink he has already received it and is rebuilding now.
The planks are fun, but the helicopters are exhilerating.
The field you are flying at is real nice. We have public fields similar to that here, but most are much smaller and are set up for baseball, so lots of high fencing.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 AM
pushinoldrc

All the best!

b

Ihave always heard 'A nose heavy airplane flies poorly, A tail heavy airplane flies ONCE.'
Thanks for the link!
B

Old 04-11-2013, 02:28 AM
rikybob

I have always heard 'A nose heavy airplane flies poorly, A tail heavy airplane flies ONCE.'
Thanks for the link!
B
Yah, it was my ridiculous hand/eye coordination and overall crazy good flying skill set that kept it in the air.

All thanx to the sketchyness of heli flying!

b

PS (Looks like the cold front you guys are getting in about 12 hours is screwing my Wx up right now)[:'(]
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 AM
ingleburn

Hiya Ingleburn!

GREAT viddy and GREAT flying!

Re: Folks "hogging" the field. Remedy: Take all your clothes off and run around in circles hollaring. Works every time!

You toss that thang around with great authority!

As for a 550, I really like the 500 class and don't see a time where I will go back to the 'little 'uns!

I watch the dozens and dozens of folks at my flying club and I have the smallest aircraft!

Easier to work on, easier to see, less crashes, tames the wind on and on......

Gonna wait till someone tires of the the 550 or goes to a Goblin and see if I can SCORE!

Re: 808 #16. I subscribed to the thread and just poked around. Thinkin' I will wait for the 1080! Got a timeline and a price yet?

Woke up at 0500 (Gmeister is visiting and has a smokers cough) and looks like we are getting a bit of wind prior to a cold front coming. Grrrrrr!

Moved the wing forward on the little plane and may slip out to the local field before the heli field as its on a hill.

All the best!

b
I think everyone in my area has seen me in all my glory ( Old party trick from way back ) so it would be no great surprise to them.
I just wish they would look after the other parks in the area as they need it.
Yeah a bigger heli will happen eventually but with 3 450's on the shelf I have to much invested to change just yet.
The thread owner of the #16 is wishing he kept his mouth shut about the new one as he is being peppered with questions. He should have an evaluation one soon but no timeline or price yet except that it is suppose to be near gopro quality.
Hope the weather stays good for you asnd we get to see that slow stick motor.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

I spoke with TJ about the video yesterday. He video taped the whole day with a few cameras, and got lots of footage, but he wanted to keep the video on YouTube shorter than 5 minutes.
The Gaui that went in was Hugh's crash. It broke the frame along with the various normal losses. He found a frame for about $25 USD, and Ithink he has already received it and is rebuilding now.
The planks are fun, but the helicopters are exhilerating.
The field you are flying at is real nice. We have public fields similar to that here, but most are much smaller and are set up for baseball, so lots of high fencing.

It would have been nice to see a bit more video. Sometimes less is better but not in your case.
Wow a broken frame. Didnt look that bad a crash. Hope its back in the air soon.
Yes Im spoilt for choice in my area in that we have plenty of parks with lots of open space. To bad school holidays start this week and most will be full of pesky kids.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 AM
rikybob

I think everyone in my area has seen me in all my glory ( Old party trick from way back ) so it would be no great surprise to them.
I just wish they would look after the other parks in the area as they need it.
Yeah a bigger heli will happen eventually but with 3 450's on the shelf I have to much invested to change just yet.
The thread owner of the #16 is wishing he kept his mouth shut about the new one as he is being peppered with questions. He should have an evaluation one soon but no timeline or price yet except that it is suppose to be near gopro quality.
Hope the weather stays good for you asnd we get to see that slow stick motor.
Yah, I kept my little uns for about a year after the big un and then just gave away the birds and all the support parts to a fella who is poor as a church mouse. Really nice guy and was highly appreciative!

The #16 guy has like 16K posts??!!??? Mother of GOD! Very interested in the GP quality b/c of the price point for the GP and its overall weight HURTS most aircraft performance!

Sun is rising here. Lets see if the Gods will smile on me!

All the best!

b

EDIT: The Gods didn't smile on me! Dang! Blowing at over 30kts! I can't even sail! Hmmmm T/T tail waiting to be installed on the ole T-Rex 500 or movie theater?? Hmmmmm?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Ddaddy

Sorry about the wind and cold front...but glad it's moved out of Texas! I just might be able to fly today if I can find my mud shoes!

Luv the big heli's too and the only thing against them is the repair cost.  Those Goblin builds sure look well designed mechanically.  With that said I don't think I could ever grow any big enough to try things like I do on the sim and 450.

Cheers to all and wish me well on getting some air time today...wife wants to go eat lunch now......

Ken
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
rikybob

Sorry about the wind and cold front...but glad it's moved out of Texas! I just might be able to fly today if I can find my mud shoes!

Luv the big heli's too and the only thing against them is the repair cost. Those Goblin builds sure look well designed mechanically. With that said I don't think I could ever grow any big enough to try things like I do on the sim and 450.

Cheers to all and wish me well on getting some air time today...wife wants to go eat lunch now......

Ken
Yeppers I hope the wind has laid where your're at!

Yes and no on the 500's repair cost .

Most parts are bought like this: One can buy the 450 parts in the form of three knockoff parts for the price of one name brand. 500 parts are two knockoffs for the price of one name brand. When you go to the 550 it DOES get out of hand. The biggest expense for me has been the batteries. They are three times the cost of the lowest price 450 battery! None the less, I fly the pants off (ok, with MY skill set) of the 500 and find that because of it's size I tend to NOT crash as much! I have hours and hours slinging around the 500 and NO crashes to date. It's simply easier to see, laughs at the wind and due to sheer mass is more stable! In the end it DOES have a greater start up price but as a whole folks tend to crash them less (except Hugh and Bryan )

The SIM, the SIM.....Man, I gotta fire that thing up. Since I played with it last I didn't have ridiculously large HD TV.......Hmmmm?

The Goblins are nothing shy of amazing from an engineering POV! The simple placement of the servos under the rotor in a circle giving no distance from the bottom of the rotor and equal throws are pure GENIUS! Besides that joker looks cool!

Wifey "want's to go eat lunch now" is that what you kidz call it these days??

Decided to watch the "Special features" disc on "Prometheus" as entertainment for the day!

All the best!

b
Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Ddaddy

Yeppers I hope the wind has laid where your're at!

Finally today, been 20-30 all week with south wind 80 degrees...yesterday lots of rain with same wind but from north! Wind 5ish atm and warming up (50)

Yes and no on the 500's repair cost .

When you go to the 550 it DOES get out of hand.

Why I got the 500 instead too

The biggest expense for me has been the batteries.

And blades! Keep saying I'm gonna use 2 450 batteries but haven't made a y connector to do so yet...I ordered more 6S batteries, doh!

They are three times the cost of the lowest price 450 battery! None the less, I fly the pants off (ok, with MY skill set) of the 500 and find that because of it's size I tend to NOT crash as much! I have hours and hours slinging around the 500 and NO crashes to date.

No crash either but I don't fly it like I do my 450 but want to (flightless bird syndrome)...had a carbon tail rod came off and went trhough a blade hit TH to stop piro and landed on skids!

The SIM, the SIM.....Man, I gotta fire that thing up. Since I played with it last I didn't have ridiculously large HD TV.......Hmmmm?

Easy, just $$$ and why do you think you need a big screen? I just use my 22inch pc screen...confused...

The simple placement of the servos under the rotor in a circle giving no distance from the bottom of the rotor and equal throws are pure GENIUS!

Lol! This is what impressed me most too!

Wifey "want's to go eat lunch now" is that what you kidz call it these days??

Long past that...it's just lunch...anyway, don't want to cheat on my GF

I need to see a shrink...read my above agreements with rb....I've lost my MIND!

Warm regards,
Ken

Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
sgbfly

That's very impressive inverted mate!

My own inverted skills stopped developing due to the poor winter we've had over here. You have just made me find my sim cable

Simon

Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
rikybob

The "niggler" said:

Easy, just $$$ and why do you think you need a big screen? I just use my 22inch pc screen...confused...

...I need to see a shrink...read my above agreements with rb....I've lost my MIND!

Warm regards,
Ken
Given that it is self evident that we are all NOT created equal, years ago I acquired "Phoenix" and immediately found that I was NOT immersed into the heli world even though the physics engine was dead on!
I suspect that if ones impetus is that of advancing in flight in the form of acrobatics one should embrace the SIM. I just can't do it.

However, I bought a stoopid large TV and should prolly try as my friends from the club have said and stand in front of the TV like I'm actually flying!

To quote a back sliding friend of mine who shall remain nameless but rhymes with "Pieman". "I'd rather crash in the real world, than fly in a SIM"

Meh, mebbe tomorrow I'll hook that thing up to my big screen??[8D]

Remember, if you buy your GF something pretty, you HAVE to buy the wifey something even PRETTIER!

All the best!!

b

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.