Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 06-16-2013, 09:42 AM
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

Hi guys just popping in to say hi! ingleburn nice flying in the wind man thumbs up, and Kozzy do let us know how your various builds go especially your HK.

Really excited for tomorrow! My friend is going to land on my front lawn with his Robinson R-44 and take me flying for the day Maybe i should be all pro and greet him with my T-rex 450 [8D] ahaha
Enjoy and have a blast!

Bring your camera!!!

B
Absolutely! I would love to have that opportunity.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 AM
My Feedback: (46)

TJ just posted a video of our recent flying at the field.  Most are maiden flights of mine and Hugh's planks, but there is some Align 450 footage from TJ's quad.  Very interesting video platform.
Bryan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0lSHonI0eE[/youtube]

Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 AM

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

TJ just posted a video of our recent flying at the field. Most are maiden flights of mine and Hugh's planks, but there is some Align 450 footage from TJ's quad. Very interesting video platform.
Bryan

Really enjoyed the viddy!

"Stay away from the tall grass" (Jurassic Park reference)

Love to know more about the quad!!

b
Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hi guys just popping in to say hi! ingleburn nice flying in the wind man thumbs up, and Kozzy do let us know how your various builds go especially your HK.

Really excited for tomorrow! My friend is going to land on my front lawn with his Robinson R-44 and take me flying for the day Maybe i should be all pro and greet him with my T-rex 450 [8D] ahaha
Enjoy and have a blast!

Bring your camera!!!

B
Yea! Pictures of the heli and you2 plus flight video would be great! Cool those little robinsons, saw a show on them being made and I really want one!
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

TJ just posted a video of our recent flying at the field. Most are maiden flights of mine and Hugh's planks, but there is some Align 450 footage from TJ's quad. Very interesting video platform.
Bryan

Nice! The planes looked great...I want 10000000....I hope I never grow up
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 11:12 AM

Wanted, 1 old rich widow woman
Old 06-16-2013, 11:56 AM

Ddaddy i will second you on the "wanted 1 old rich widow woman" as robbing a bank is just so dam hard nowadays.... now it might be easier if i had a Robinson R44 I will definitely try to take some pictures and video tomorrow i'm sure i can get creative. Just spoke to my friend now and he told me that tomorrow is the absolute last day of flight for his R-44 as it has passed its expiration date. He told me that the chopper has reached the point where too many parts will have to be replaced to keep it operational including the blades which he told me a new set will cost over 1 million Rand (South african currency) so that's like what? 100,000 USD for some dang blades!![X(][X(][X(][X(] He also wants to upgrade to the new R-66 so i guess that's why too. i was thinking just my luck tomorrow is the last flight for this chopper and i wasn't to happy when he told me it technically isn't airworthy anymore. Oh well i'm sure all will be fine [X(]

-Jonathan
Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM

Ddaddy i will second you on the "wanted 1 old rich widow woman" as robbing a bank is just so dam hard nowadays.... now it might be easier if i had a Robinson R44 I will definitely try to take some pictures and video tomorrow i'm sure i can get creative. Just spoke to my friend now and he told me that tomorrow is the absolute last day of flight for his R-44 as it has passed its expiration date. He told me that the chopper has reached the point where too many parts will have to be replaced to keep it operational including the blades which he told me a new set will cost over 1 million Rand (South african currency) so that's like what? 100,000 USD for some dang blades!![X(][X(][X(][X(] He also wants to upgrade to the new R-66 so i guess that's why too. i was thinking just my luck tomorrow is the last flight for this chopper and i wasn't to happy when he told me it technically isn't airworthy anymore. Oh well i'm sure all will be fine [X(]

-Jonathan
Been nice knowing you then.
Tell him I have some spare blades although I dont think there big enough.
Havent we all flown a heli that wasnt really airworthy. Oh thats right your flying in one.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Ddaddy i will second you on the ''wanted 1 old rich widow woman'' as robbing a bank is just so dam hard nowadays.... now it might be easier if i had a Robinson R44 I will definitely try to take some pictures and video tomorrow i'm sure i can get creative. Just spoke to my friend now and he told me that tomorrow is the absolute last day of flight for his R-44 as it has passed its expiration date. He told me that the chopper has reached the point where too many parts will have to be replaced to keep it operational including the blades which he told me a new set will cost over 1 million Rand (South african currency) so that's like what? 100,000 USD for some dang blades!![X(][X(][X(][X(] He also wants to upgrade to the new R-66 so i guess that's why too. i was thinking just my luck tomorrow is the last flight for this chopper and i wasn't to happy when he told me it technically isn't airworthy anymore. Oh well i'm sure all will be fine [X(]

-Jonathan
Been nice knowing you then.[img][/img]
Tell him I have some spare blades although I dont think there big enough.
Havent we all flown a heli that wasnt really airworthy. Oh thats right your flying in one.
<br type=''_moz'' />

+1!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:34 PM

Oh thanks so much guys now i feel really safe...not cool...not cool![X(][X(] hahaha ingleburn that is a simply great idea! Tomorrow i will hand him a set of 325mm blades should do the job just fine i mean they are carbon fiber after all
Old 06-16-2013, 02:44 PM

Oh thanks so much guys now i feel really safe...not cool...not cool![X(][X(] hahaha ingleburn that is a simply great idea! Tomorrow i will hand him a set of 325mm blades should do the job just fine i mean they are carbon fiber after all
+1!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:47 PM

This sounds like a really great opportunity. Hope you have fun. Sounds like it would be. Does he do 3D
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM

After re-doing my tail setup on the 500 last night I did two packs on it today in windy conditions and Im extremely happy with it. The belt seems like it's better (quieter and smoother), and now that all the running gear is starting to loosen up it's behaving really nice. Can't wait for my white blades to arrive as visibility is an issue (yeah it's also called getting old).

My next project is going to be this going onto one of my 450 PRO V2's:

<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Does he do 3D
<br type="_moz" />
EPIC!
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 PM

Look forward to seeing the Heli with the Scale Fuse, I have been tempted so many times with the Green Military version... The Capricorn One Flight chase scene was my all time favourite movie as a kid.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob2160
Look forward to seeing the Heli with the Scale Fuse, I have been tempted so many times with the Green Military version... The Capricorn One Flight chase scene was my all time favourite movie as a kid.
Hi Rob, yeah I considered the military scheme. My buddy that's into scale has larger blackhawks and the apache in military and they are much harder to see in the air especially where I fly with trees inthe background. He also has this red/white/blue md500 fuse on a blade 450 and it's really easy to see in the air so I"m going to opt for that version.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 10:20 PM

So... today was Father's day.

My baby grrl decided to make Daddy an original painting, just for me... I'm so proud. Only thing is... her chosen medium was poop, and her canvas was half the toys in the playroom. And herself, of course.

One emergency bath later, and then I'm washing everything in the playroom with sanitizing wipes... I finally get a chance to clean myself up and make a bite to eat.

"WHUMP! WHUMP! WHUMP!" is the sound the TV in the living room makes when she slaps the screen; she does it whenever Pinky Pie or Mojo Jojo is playing on the Netflix.

"Baby grrl, stop beating on Daddy's TV." The sound stops. I go back to my meal.

"WHUMP! WHUMP! WHUMP!" again a few minutes later... "Baby grrl, I told you..."

"DADDY! Baby sisser POOPY!" my 5-year-old son interrupts me. I wolf down the last couple bites, already knowing what I'm going to find.

And it's worse than I feared... all over the TV, all over her hands, all over her face, even her hair.

Fatherhood. The gift that keeps on giving.

As the likelihood that she had gotten it in her mouth dawned on me, I realized it was time for her to get something she'd never had before... a spanking. This was a behavior that we could not permit her to repeat; I was terrified she would wind up with e Coli poisoning. The TV had nothing to do with it; it's an old projection set, and we keep it because we don't want to get a new one for her to beat on. We hope it will last until she outgrows that behavior.

I hold up one poopy hand, tell her no, and give her one swift swat on her bare bottom. The look of disbelief, then betrayal that she gave me in return; it made me want to cry. Just like with her brother's first spanking.

Then it was time for another bath, and scrubbing the TV, and wiping it all down with disinfectant. Thankfully, mommie took over the grrl after I had her wrapped in a towel.

A little while later, I see an eMail from iFixit; I was a regular there for a while. Still scope out their teardowns from time to time. There was a link to an article by the founder, talking about his grand-dad:

http://ifixit.org/4865/fix-things-ne...s-from-grandpa

...and I thought about papa Edwards; he was a great gruff bear of a man, and very much the same story as Kyle's, with the exception of papa being a ship's cook &amp; medic who became a Master Machinist after the war, and the farm he "retired to" was in the middle of the Finger Lakes region of New York State. He was the closest thing I had to a father growing up; the picture in the article even looks like him.

I cut my teeth on one of his brass drifts in a playpen in the kitchen of a house in Burlington, NJ that he built himself out of a kit ordered from Sears, Roebuck &amp; Co. He moved us all lock, stock &amp; barrel to the farm a few years later driving a '62 Chevy flatbed he bought at auction &amp; rebuilt the engine himself; I remember mom-mom telling me how he freed up the pistons by soaking the block in the bathtub full of kerosene &amp; transmission oil. My own son cut his teeth on a 10mm ignition wrench he snurched from my toolbox; baby grrl cut her teeth on me and a sippy cup; mostly me.

As I ruminate over these and a thousand other memories, my son comes and rests his head on my side; he sighs, knowing that I'm not likely to want to get up once I start reading my E and such. Still he asks, tugging me to go play with him and his sister. Weary, back aching from scrubbing two rooms I think of saying no... and immediately I think better of it. "Take time to be a Dad on Father's Day, you putz." I tell myself and allow myself to be dragged into the playroom. We roughhouse a little, and play catch with some indoor balls with his sister, and when I need to, I sit on the hood of his wooden rocking car. Thank Ifni that thing is built like a tank.

The next thing I know mommie is telling us it's past time for bed; she gets the baby ready while brother and I decide on his 3 storybooks for the night. She plops baby on the bed next to me and we have a few melees of tickleattacks; then we read the three stories while little sister kicks the boy senseless. I've warned him not to play too rough with her time and again; that when she gets older she's gonna kick his butt and not a thing he can do about it. He's learning that lesson now just like I learned most of what I learned growing up; the hard way.

Tuck everybody in, bedtimes hugs &amp; kisses then milk for the baby; &amp; I come out to the computer to try and capture the ephemeral moment before it vaporizes into the aether. Around the point I'm writing about Burlington, I hear mommie shouting from the bedroom: "Oh, baby.... not again..."

I take the baby grrl away for another round of "Karen Silkwood" while mother gets the disinfectant and clean bedclothes for the crib. As I scrub my baby girl's cheeks for a third time today, I see how utterly confused she is by the whole thing. I know she just got yelled at by mommie, so I smile kindly and speaking softly, I tell her that she has to stop playing with her poop; that this is going to happen every single time she does it, because Daddy doesn't want her to get sick. And I realize even as I say the words that I am speaking the absolute truth; that I will still not hesitate to do it the 10th time, or the 20th time, or the 100th time if it comes. Because she's my little grrl, and I'm her Daddy.

Fatherhood. The gift that keeps on giving.

mnem
I'm still not putting that one up on the fridge.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 PM

I taught 2 of my sons to drive and still one more to go.
I would have traded you any day of the week.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-16-2013, 11:56 PM

Here's a quick vid sample of the new full HD Mobius cam. Looks impressive. Click youtube and watch it on the youtube site and select 1080 HD.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAWIk0DD10[/youtube]<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-17-2013, 03:01 AM

@ Jonesy - Please be successful in the scale fuse as I just could never "get it", right Georgia twins? As for the Mobius. If I get into quads I'd rather loose 100 bux than 200 bux any day. One of the guys already did a hack for viddy out! Glad you got the "500 blues" in check! Now THAT would be a nice scale.....hmmmmm?

@ Rob - Who the hell are you? (Spoke with him yesterday)

@ mnem - As a fella who sees life as the storyboard that it really is ALWAYS appreciate your essays. My observations are as follows:
1) I forgot ALL about entropy and now that I have more years behind me than I do ahead of me I need to think about it more.
2) I forgot all about iFixit and have now bookmarked it again. Excellent essay too.
3) My day yesterday consisted of me and my wife hangin' quietly by exercising (5 mile bike ride) and watching Star Trek Enterprise prior to my going to work for the evening in an effort to keep the great state of Florida's boating public from killing each other. Through technology, my Paramedic son just 30 miles to my NE sent me this in a text "I helped save a guy with a nasty little arterial bleed". It made me smile knowing that my legacy is doing God's work each and every day. I wish I'd had a dozen of 'em!

Thanks again for the essay and keep 'um comming!

@ Ingleburn - Re: Driving. I know what you mean. Later in life I'd teach young officers how to operate and airboat but that's another story!

@ All - My 1st day off consists of running up to Nissan for an oil change and to figure out *** that noise is under my hood. A friend of mine is a mechanic and we can't identify it! Grrrrrrrrr! prolly knock around the house and put new "rubbers" on my MCP X and then, watch the RAIN! Rain, rain, RAIN!

All the best!!!

b
Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 AM

ingleburn don't be so fast to trade me... i stayed home the whole day just to wait for my friend to show only for him to finally call and tell me that the chopper has a fuel leak and then preceded to give a long explanation about the o-rings not fitting anymore or something complicated like that which i did not understand. Anyway i didn't get to go flying really disappointed [] i haven't been this excited in so long, i felt like a kid waiting for Christmas morning only to find coal in his sock
Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Hiya Kidz!!

Sorry about your luck Helicrazedout!! Mebbe it's a "sign"!

All the best!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURV4hZHRiA&feature=em-upload_owner[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRTf1KlZCoY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 PM

Ingleburn -

It was a great Father's Day.

I guess I didn't express it clearly enough; but even after all the mess, I found myself reminded of how important being her Daddy was to me. THAT was the gestalt of what I was trying to pass along; that in the end, all of it paled insignificant next to the fact of how much I love that little grrl.

Brian -
As for the high-pitched whining noise coming from your truck... I think that may be the little helicopter you keep putting in there.

HeliCrazed - Here's hoping you get first call for a ride when he gets his NEW heli.  O-rings on fuel injection are no laughing matter; a turbine engine is a barely-controlled fuel leak when its working the way it should, so yeah... definitely better safe than sorry.

I've been flogging my Genius CP and now my Axe 100 CPs all over the forum; well, I went &amp; did it: I cross-bred the two to come up with a really excellent-flying little heli; I can't wait to get it to the gym so I can do final trimming out.

Short version: Everything plugs in, but the polarity on all the connectors needs to have the pinouts reversed, and the servos need to be reversed internally (or I need to find servo reversers that have 1.25mm micro JST connectors on them; no luck so far) so the Gyros work. BUT... the angled  MainBoard did the trick; it flies hands-free &amp; rock-solid just like my hacked Minius CP.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rILhMpjeLU[/youtube]

Laters, and uhh... don't git any on ya.

mnem
I hope everybody's father's Day was as good as mine.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Ingleburn -

It was a great Father's Day.

I guess I didn't express it clearly enough; but even after all the mess, I found myself reminded of how important being her Daddy was to me. THAT was the gestalt of what I was trying to pass along; that in the end, all of it paled insignificant next to the fact of how much I love that little grrl.

If thats the worst you have to deal with then your a lucky man.

<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 AM

Could not resist going flying today so I took the 500 and one of my 450's. The 500 is just awesome and the 450 now seems to have taken a back seat. Unfortunately I remembered that the 450 is not an mcpx after I nailed it into the ground on my last pack, bugger. No video of that crash as my number #16 battery is on strike. I was lucky to be able to stretch it to get these first two flights.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UnoWxSByOE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FBhCSl05oQ[/youtube]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.