Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Which Kit is best ??

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Which Kit is best ??

Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM
crazytom911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Kit is best ??

Hey all which Kit would you all recommend to build a 450 or even a 500 size heli ?? HobbyKing, EXI, etc ????
Thanks for all the advice.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
jackeylewis

Default RE: Which Kit is best ??

well, i think HobbyKing will be a good choice.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Solman

From what I have seen and have experienced, Chaos from scaleflying.com(rcaerodyne) is the only clone I would buy. I did the HK route and parts are really cheap. If you want to get serious then you have two choices. Spend more the first time or buy cheap and spend twice. I have bought Chaos parts and I have found them to be of good quality. Cheaper helis and parts will get you air time, but might hold you back in progressing.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im putting together a Chaos 600 for a friend and this thing seems solid. Pretty good for a clone. I haven't flown it yet. I've seen some of the HK helis, and although good for the price, most of the time you end up tinkering and sometimes modifying some parts to make them fit. Maintenance is pretty high too, compared to other brands. If you have time but a tighter budget maybe HK is the route. If you don't have time and don't mind spending a little xtra cash, look for something else.

Rafael
Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 PM
nervousheli

CrazyTom, it all depends on your skill level, if you go the Clone route, regardless if it's EXI,HK,Chaos, or what ever, you will need some skills to find their flaws or weaknesses, each clone has their own issues. You could go to the Original Align, if you got the cash, that's a better alternative, but one thing is for sure, You will need a good Gyro. Now if you get a gyro, make sure you learn about it's history. Is it easy to setup? Would it support your heli?? Consider those issues CrazyTom.

Good luck

nervousheli
Old 05-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

I fly Align. Buy the top of the line kit, everything is in the box you need to build and fly.
BTW: if you are mail ordering it, have heard that some sellers will swap out the 3gx gyro for a Spektrum w/ beast X at no extra cost.
Ron Lund's Heli Proz south has very good prices and unbeatable service.