Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 T-Rex 450 SE or MX400 Pro >

T-Rex 450 SE or MX400 Pro

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-Rex 450 SE or MX400 Pro

Old 06-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Rex 450 SE or MX400 Pro

Choppersrule Here:

On a very Serious side, please take your time to read and send John a get well card.

One of our helicopter friends, has had a triple bypass heart operation a few days ago. He hasn't posted in some time due to health issues. He's 51 years old and is recovering well in San Antonio Texas. I'm sure you remember his screen name, "JELLISON". He is extremely knowledgable and I miss his inputs. A dear friend of his, has been e-mailing me and updating me on his progress.
Below, is a small portion of the E-mail I received this morning. And the address that cards or letters can be sent.

Thanks fellas, I truely appreciate it, and I know John Ellison will be thrilled to receive cards and letters from fellow heli guys.

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ====================================
Dave,

I don't know just when he will have the energy to get back on line
himself, but I do know it won't be long. Until then we will keep you
posted.

Those of you who wish to send cards or letters may use this address:
John Ellison
946 Kayton Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78210

Again, he wishes to extend his thanks for the energy and good wishes
you have provided.

Sherry
Old 08-27-2007, 01:36 PM

i reccomend (http://helihobby.com/). i think they will have every part you need for eny vesion of the trex, and it's a very profesional looking web site. hope this helps!

BTW guys,

i am planning on getting a trex soon, i have flown the blade cp pro, and it's a good heli for starters and has some good 3D abileties. only resone why i switched to the honey bee king 2 is beacaus the cp pro was not 3D capable enough for me. what would be the best trex 450 for 3D capabilities, the most power? do i do CF or ALU? what electronincs? stuff like that.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 PM
My Feedback: (18)

are the Heli-Max MX400 and shogun same helicopter anyone
Old 09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
My Feedback: (18)

shogun V2 i mean
Old 11-13-2007, 08:26 PM

Hi all !

To Tow cobra and others: I just bought the MX400 pro from tower hobbies. I just couldn't pass the deal at 99 $ with speed control and motor. I read a review of it in RC helimag and tought it would make a good electric heli to fly indoor in the winter. Here in canada its starting to freeze and snow is coming so I needed that electric heli.

I've been flying a century hawk .30 this summer and wanted to ear from you guys about the MX400 pro. What should I expect if I fly mostly scale. I do want to practice rolls, loops, and inverted flight. Any parts I should watch in the set up / building ? Anything to check after some use ?

Thanks in advance for your insight,

Carguy
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM

$99 is a great deal on an MX400 pro. I am almost tempted to get another one.

It's not that great at rolls and loops. You definitely have to crank up the power to get it to loop. I tend to do that stuff with a raptor 30 that I put a 50 motor into so when it comes down, I can punch it back up before the ground gets close.

Other than that, the MX400 pro is a great flier. I converted to CCPM which is a $40+ upgrade and I think it's well worth it but see how it flies with stock before you switch. The elevator is a little jumpy in the stock setup but the CCPM fixes it.

Let us know how it goes.

-Peter
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 PM

Thanks Peter for your input. I bought Futaba s3114 servos in place of the recommended s3107. Just small difference in dimensions but the performance specs are much better and the 3114 weights less.

What do you think ? Also I saw on the heli=max website that the plane is looping and rolling quite well in their video. You think they upgraded the motor ?

Carguy
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM

I've never tried the 3114. The 3107 aren't bad. They are very cheap but in a crash, they're done. The gears don't stand up. My choice servo for the small electrics is the hitec HS65 MG. Those things are awesome and it's very hard to strip a gear but a good crash will do it.

I think it will loop with the stock motor because I've done it but you have to have everything set just right in terms of head speed and pitch.
Overall, It's a great heli to have fun with and it fixes up pretty easily after a crash. Tower is very good about keeping the parts in stock so I always kept a stock pile even though I haven't been flying it too much lately.

By the way, is anbody else still out there from the original thread, DocJoe, Hdoc, Karyn, Doug, and the rest of you guys and gals? If so, write in and let us know what you're getting this year for Christmas (only if it's a new heli).

Peter
Old 01-13-2008, 06:26 PM

Anybody know the best Trex Hughes 500E Fuselage and where to buy it Ive given up on 3d with my 450X it just doesnt have what it takes to go inverted would cost too much to modify it.