Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Trex 450XL and Spektrum DX6

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450XL and Spektrum DX6

Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 PM
blax1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trex 450XL and Spektrum DX6

Hello everyone

10 degree's + pitch beautiful
0 Degree's pitch beautiful
10 Degree's -negitive pitch only about 3 degree's MAX,[:@] can't work it out, radio good all settings correct using DX6 Spektrun radio gear,
I'm gonna check servo centre's tomorrow, run out of energy today, all linkages adjusted OK and level, sea saw level, swash level, flybar linkage level, don't understand why NO negitive pitch?? [&o]
Can anyone give me any glue's
Regards Ralph
Old 05-12-2006, 01:14 PM
NVSFlyer

You are setting it up with your TX setting on 3D mode and not the 40 / 50 / 100 pitch curve setting. Also you aren't using digital trim to center anything to get the zero pitch if so then your servo isn't going to swing the same at both full up and full down. If the above doesn't apply and you still can't get it to work then move your rod linkage out one hole on the servo arm and start over on centering. It almost sounds as if your servo arm isn't in the correct centering postion and you shortened the linkage to make the upper 10 degree work. Good luck.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:27 PM
blax1

NVSFlyer
Thank you for your help, I understand what you are saying and I will check it out and let you know the outcome, also I 've been told to check travel adjustment which is set to factory 100% may have to alter, to maybe 115--130% to get full negitve swing, but not bottom out the servo at full positive pitch, it sounds like a fine balance, like I said in previous post everything is centred and level as per the instructions that were posted earier on this forum and also Bob Whites, I will give a good go over this weekend I've probably missed something
Cheers
Ralph

Old 05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
docjoe

Ralph,

An easy way to help set up your heli, mechanically, is to check out the videos by Finless. There's a post here for a link. They are excellent. Once you set up the heli mechanically, you can set it up properly with the radio.

Joe
Old 05-14-2006, 08:25 PM
blax1

Cheer's Joe
I,ve down loaded those video's and followed Bob's instructions, but I must have stuffed it up, I will check it out and see if I can sort it out.
Thanks for your help!!
Ralph
Old 05-14-2006, 09:34 PM
larryk9

Hey Ralph, what do you have your ccpm percentages set to? This may be the cause of your problem.

Larry
Old 05-15-2006, 08:11 PM
blax1

Gidday Larry
Thanks for your input; yes it’s a bit strange. At the moment I really haven’t had time to sus it out properly, question--have you set up your TX as per instructions in this post, I have and I think I’m getting confused with the CCPM setting’s the way I understand it those settings should only allow negative 3 degree’s and that’s all I’m getting because the instructions are for beginners not 3D flight am I correct? And therefore you can’t get negative 10 degrees pitch using the instructions in this post.---(is that right?)
Everything was going so well with T-Rex assembly I’m nearly ready to fly everything else is perfect!! I’m just stumped on this problem but not for long!!!!
How’s your machine going Larry?? I’ve watched all your video’s and you seem to have a handle on it. And that’s good to see, has the bloody snow melted yet? And is the weather improving we are heading onto our winter now, but it will not be as severe as yours it doesn’t snow in Sydney.
Cheers Ralph
Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 PM
larryk9

Hey Ralph,

When I get a chance I will go through my DX6 and tell you exactly how mine is set up, but I don't have time right now. We don't really get any snow here on the west coast of Canada where I live, maybe a couple of days a year. It got up to 26 degrees C today!

larry
Old 05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
blax1

Hello Larry
I certainly appreciate your help with my set up but I don’t want you to go to that trouble. This weekend I should have time on Sunday to check this heli- right out properly and there is truck loads of info- on the net about set up etc, so I’ll let you know how I get on.
I remember one of your videos flying chopper in the snow, looked COOL to me.
LOL Cheers Ralph
Old 05-16-2006, 08:16 PM
alini

I'm using the DX6 with my Trex 450XL. I have the mechanical collective and it works just fine together. I had to spend sometime at the LHS so they could go over some functions, but I installed the receiver and servos myself and was actually flying right after I finished the build. THey just helped me fine tune my adjustments because I wasnt quite spot on with my sub trim and pitch curve stuff, but I would say its a good option as far as the radio goes.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 PM
blax1

Hey Everyone
I’ve worked it out!! I told you I probably stuffed it up!!! and indeed I hadn’t I just hadn’t read all the instructions, (same old story when in doubt) The flight mode switch when its off you can only get negative 3 degree’s when its on you can get negitive10 degree’s---- now I understand what is going on!! It’s the 3D configuration that I didn’t understand??? And I must say it will be a while before I go there LOL.. Ok now I can do some serious flying this weekend and finally get this project off the ground..
Cheers everyone thanks for your help!!
Ralph.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:37 PM
countryflyboy01
Banned

wonder if you still have the trex setup info w/the dx6. I just bought a 450xl and dx6 and am trying to set up pitch and throttle curves. any info you can throw my way sure would help. I bought the brushless package w/esc from helihobby. The trex 450XL CDE I believe. my email is [email protected]. thanks.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
blax1

Hello countryflyboy01
Check page1---Post 20
For the info you require.
Cheers
Ralph
Old 06-13-2006, 04:38 AM
France78

Thanks , perfect guide.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
myrddin

OK guys, here is the deal. I have been following that guide to set up the dx6 and I have some questions. First see a insert on his steps here :
http://www.digimemphoto.com/guides/backguide.htm

Now it all looks fine with the excption of a few spots:
1. Press scroll until TRV ADJ. is visible.
Press scroll and select the GER channel. (this is not scroll at all its channel)
Place the Aileron DR switch to 0. Use the decrease button to set +45%.
Press scroll until HLD is visible.
Use decrease and set to -1%.

2. this is the one that gets me:
Press scroll to advance to the Throttel Curve Menu. Use the channel button select TLS, T2S and THS and set the following values using increase and decrease.
TLS=100%
T2S=80%
THS=100% (I do not have THS it goes from TLS to T2S and back to TLS)

Any idea why I dont see that step?

Also I was able to get FMS working fine with the trainer cable and the SmartPropoPlus however here is the deal. Its been a while but from what I remember:

left stick up = vertical clime down = well down
in the flight sim I get mixed results... feel free to give pointers, at this point there is no way Im going to try the t-rex till I feel like I know what the TX will do in the flight sim.

Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 11:33 PM
CRASH DAVIS

mike the
THS=100% (I do not have THS it goes from TLS to T2S and back to TLS)
is a pre set value of 100% its there but u cant change it. look on page 80
allthough there are some posts on runryder that state what u set THN to will be the high setting in stunt THS.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:44 PM
drtmind01

i got the spektrum dx6 on my trex 450xl ccpm version and all i can say it works like a dream first time used of computer radio and all i can say it was a very straight foward setup and i got the hadg of it in no time, i used all the stock srvos and it works pretty good.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:27 PM
jetflyer7

i see you have a trex for trade i have rc cars truck to trade call if interste

THANKS RICKY HAIL
Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Peeleman

Hi my name is Peeleman and im new to this Helicopter thing but can someone tell how to set my DX6- to work with my Trex 450XL ? E-mail me back @ [email protected]
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Peeleman

Hi im Peeleman can someone tell me how to adjust my blade on my Trex 450XL when ever I try to fly the blade are not straight

[email protected]
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 PM
atcspaul

me to just got the radio dx6 now getting the trex. have a cp pro now and ready for a change. thanks in advance
[email protected]
Old 06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
jockgso

Hey guys( gals ) Jumped in head first and crashed right into the set up for the DX6. Can anyone help? SINCITYATL at GMAIL dot COM
Old 06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
diverjack

Yeah.......that threw me, too! I kept getting thrown out of where I was at! Thanx for pointing that out on the GER setup portion. Then my radio battery died! LOL........just as I was adjusting that particular setting.

To add to this: I have the Tx battery charger that comes with this DX6 radio. I can understand where the round plug goes (to the radio).........but where does the other JR-looking type plug go to? It's not mentioned anywhere in the instruction manual.

Jack in Calgary
Old 06-22-2007, 06:19 AM
atcspaul

ORIGINAL: diverjack

Yeah.......that threw me, too! I kept getting thrown out of where I was at! Thanx for pointing that out on the GER setup portion. Then my radio battery died! LOL........just as I was adjusting that particular setting.

To add to this: I have the Tx battery charger that comes with this DX6 radio. I can understand where the round plug goes (to the radio).........but where does the other JR-looking type plug go to? It's not mentioned anywhere in the instruction manual.

Jack in Calgary
i was wondering that to jack. they really dont say to much about charging or the charger
Old 12-14-2016, 10:43 PM
rcmodelland
My Feedback: (14)

i use the walkera 8s, it is good for the 450xl helicopter