Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

T Rex motor instalation

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T Rex motor instalation

Old 03-04-2006, 10:56 PM
hackett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Rex motor instalation

Cant seem to get the screws to line up with the motor in the mounting process. Using the 420 motor that came with the kit. Not even sure which screws to use. The manual shows the allen head screws but they are an odd size and dont have an allen wrench to fit. They are also loose in the motor. The Phillips head of the same length fit perfect in the motor but are extremely tight in the frame. Too tight to move around to get the right gear mesh even if I could get them mounted in the motor. Anyone have any thoughts?..........................Thanks..
Old 03-05-2006, 02:10 AM
reiffron

Default RE: T Rex motor instalation

my align motor has 2 different size mounting screws the larger ones did the same thing you discribed but the smaller ones worked perfectly. look carefully as the differance is very tiny hope this helps
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
hdoc

The motor mounts with 2 2.6 X 6mm allen head cap screws. A 1.5mm allen head wrench will fit the screw head.

Lloyd
Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 AM
hackett

The allen head screws are what the instructions say to use. My concern is they sure seem loose in the smallest motor threads. The slightly larger (3m?) phillips head screws that came in the same packet as the allen heads are a much better fit in the motors larger two holes.. But, they are the ones that dont seem to fit the frame motor mount holes. My obvious concern with tightening the allen screws is will they strip? Am I being overly concerned about the slight "wobble" Im feeling with the screws threaded into the smaller holes in the motor?...........Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

IS THE MOTOR MOUNT IN STRAIGHT I HAVE NO PLAY IN MY MOTOR AND USED THE PHILLIPS BOLTS TO HOLD IT
Old 03-06-2006, 03:03 PM
hdoc

With the 2.6mm screw there is absolutely no Play at all. Measure the screws to be sure you're using the correct ones.

Lloyd
Old 03-06-2006, 08:31 PM
hackett

Stopped into the local hobby shop and talked to Ron the owner. We put a micrometer on the kit supplied 2.6 mm screws. They actually measured 2.52 mm. He had some Dubro 2.6 screws that actually measured 2.61 mm. Even those seem to loose but he said, and it seems others are using them without any problems. But they sure dont fit like the 3 mm ones in the larger holes............Thanks again for your help...These forums are great........................................
Old 03-07-2006, 11:21 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

maidened my trex today thunderpower 11.1v 2100 mah lipo. wow lots of trimming and playing to do but this is a machine not a toy!!
the esc is complicated to program mine worked with no changes and its fine. i used wd-40 to loosen up all the ball joints and metal to metal play
Old 03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
lost872

Was going to mount the motor last night on me new Trex but had the same problem the Phillips head screw was too big to go through the frame mount holes and the Allan Key screws seem a bit loose and I need a Allan key to fit them (Dont know why they did'nt put one in the kit).

I think that the Phillips head screws would be the best to use (tight fit means no play) but man is it hard to get the little sods in there place.

lost872
Old 03-09-2006, 12:35 AM
hdoc

Lost872:

Check the kit carefully--- The 1.5mm Allen head wrench is in the kit as are the 2.5 X 6mm ALLEN head cap screws.

Lloyd
Old 03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
hdoc

To All:

Sorry, I was wrong--The screws are the 2.5 X 6mm Allen Head cap screws, but the cap end takes the 2mm Allen head wrench, which is in the kit.

Lloyd
Old 03-10-2006, 12:24 AM
lost872

Thanks Lloyd, will have to check on that tonight.

lost872