Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

T-REX 450SE TRANSMITTER?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-REX 450SE TRANSMITTER?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:57 AM
plkoegler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-REX 450SE TRANSMITTER?

Hello All-

What transmitter would you recommend for the T-Rex 450SE? I currently have the helicopter on order and I'm looking for a good-quality transmitter around $200 or so. I've been looking at Spectrum's DX6, Hitec Eclipse 7, Hitec Optic 6, and the Futuba 6EXH transmitter, but I'm not sure which one is the better choice. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
H0ndaJunkie

Default RE: T-REX 450SE TRANSMITTER?

I've got the Futaba 6EXHP, and I'm really happy with it. It's got just enough switches for my Trexs, including gyro modes, dual rates, throttle hold etc. It's also easy to program, and comfortable to use.

It wouldn't be enough to use with my Raptor or anything like it, because the 6EXHP doesn't have enough options for a more complex Heli like that. It works great for my two Rexs though. I have a lot of confidence in the Futaba brand. However, I don't use the servos that come with the 6EXHP......I use Hitec servos instead, but I do use a futaba GY401.

The other radios you mentioned are fine, and would work equally well, so I guess it's down to price and brand to make your choice. I just personally love the feel of a futaba Tx.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:03 PM
iceman101

I got my T-rex SE about 3 weeks ago. I brought the Hitec Eclipse 7 QPCM TX (standalone package) from Helihobby.com for $209, not bad value considering its a synth.........and here's the best bit.........it also came with a HPD-07RH Hitec 7ch QPCM reciver[X(].....I certainly wasn't expecting that, i thought i'd only get the TX, Nicad and charger.

The Eclipse is an excellent TX, i'm sure you've already researched it so i wont get into the details. The build quality is 'top notch' and the software/ programing quick and intuitive....and man does this thing look good the photos on the net just dosn't do it justice!!

Anyway, if you have any more questions about the Eclipse i'd be happy to answer them......Hope i've been of some help......ICE
Old 03-22-2006, 05:45 AM
HeliHacker

If you can afford it get the Futaba 9CHP Super. Get something you will grow into. By all means get a PCM receiver, it will save you a lot of grief.