Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

2 TRexs equals 2 stable little helis!

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

2 TRexs equals 2 stable little helis!

Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 AM
H0ndaJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 TRexs equals 2 stable little helis!

I just wanted to impress on anyone who is thinking about getting a TRex, what great little helicopters these things really are.

I bought my first one, which was a 450XL HDE with the mechanical pitch control. I built it, and configured it over the course of two days. I was very impressed with the quality of the kit and how well everything went together. I followed lots of tutorial videos and did lots of reading to make sure that I set it up right the first time. I took it out for it's first test flight, and hovered for a whole battery, stable as anything I've ever seen, with NO trim adjustments!! Rock solid flight. Very impressive.

So I thought this might be a one-off; a fluke even. I bought my second TRex, a 450XL CDE. Setting up the CCPM was a little more difficult, but very fun indeed. Same build qulity....this one only took a day to build and setup though, thanks to the experience from building the first one. I took it out to test fly for the first time.......what happened? Another perfect test flight. I only had to make some minor trim adjustments this time, but another rock solid little heli!

I couldn't be happier.

for anyone that has owned or flown a Walkera like I have, take the best flight you ever had with a Walkera, and multiply the quality of that flight by 1000 and you get close to the quality of flight with a TRex. No joke. :-)
Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 PM
joel3190

Default RE: 2 TRexs equals 2 stable little helis!

yeah I had 3 walkeras which were nightmares , but my Trex 450XL CCPM has been great. The walkeras are way to hard to set up and control. But you tend to get what you pay for. And Walkera are cheap, in any sense of the word. I really think building the heli helps also. You end up with a better understanding of how the mechanics of the heli work. Align has dont a great job with these little guys. I am currently upgrading my XL to the SE Frame for the direct servo/swashplate linkage.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:51 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: joel3190

yeah I had 3 walkeras which were nightmares , but my Trex 450XL CCPM has been great. The walkeras are way to hard to set up and control. But you tend to get what you pay for. And Walkera are cheap, in any sense of the word. I really think building the heli helps also. You end up with a better understanding of how the mechanics of the heli work. Align has dont a great job with these little guys. I am currently upgrading my XL to the SE Frame for the direct servo/swashplate linkage.
This is probably the biggest factor in how these helicopters perform. You BUILD them your self, so you KNOW everything is being assembled properly (well, usually, anyways).

I've seen just as many people complain about their t-rex being uncontrollable when they get a pre-built kit from companies like rc-expert.

It all comes down to the build and setup. If one is done poorly, the other will follow suit, hand in hand. Two sides of the same coin, so to speak .

Of course, the actual tolerances and quality of Align stuff is obviously much better than Walkera's, which definately helps, but if it's built and setup poorly, it'll still fly like crap, regardless of how good it really is!
Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
H0ndaJunkie

I know what you mean. My buddy built a Rex at the same time I did. The only difference was that he didn't do the reading, or the research and therefore didn't know enough about the bird. Subsequently, his Rex has been flown twice, and crashed twice. Actually, the term "flown" might be a little generous. He didn't get it more than a foot or so off the ground before crashing.

Which brings me to another point, that I forgot to mention........get a good flight sim, and practice, practice, practice!! The cheap sims don't really cut it either, they're ok, but a sim like Realflight G3, or Reflex XTR is the way to go. I've put countless hours into the flight sim myself, and it's helped me more than I can say. I've tried most of the Sims, and I think that Realflight is the best out there. Some people think that Areofly is better, but they obviously haven't used G3 because there is really no comparison between the two. XTR is nice, but you have to use their special controller to even get it to run.