Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Replacement Landing gear

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Replacement Landing gear

Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 AM
rcflyerdave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Landing gear

Just flew my Trex SE.WOW.What a machine.On about the 5 flight about 10" off the ground the tail rotor drive gear set screws came loose and it started a fast piroette.Lucky I just broke the landing gear.I forget to loctite those .What is the best landing gear to replace the stock ones with?Also what replacement antenna to get rid of the stock one with.
Dave
Old 04-03-2006, 09:09 AM
H0ndaJunkie

Default RE: Replacement Landing gear

I would probably just buy another set of stock landing gear if I were you. If you're not very accomplished at flying it yet, you're probably going to break them again. :-)

If you've got a lot of cash lying around and nothing to spend it on, you culd certainly upgrade to either a carbon fiber, or an aluminum set......but like I said, that might be a waste of money.

As for the antenna.......

I have a Revolution Whip Antenna on two of my Helis, which work great. I also have the Deans two-piece base load antenna on one of my TRexes, which works great also. The only real difference between the two is that the Deans is a little easier to mount on our little TRrexes. Because the deans antenna is composed of two pieces, you can purchase a new antenna piece, if the original one breaks or gets lost, which is pretty cool. It's a really good idea to get either one of these antennas, because the small glitch that I kept seeing while using the stock antenna wrapped around the antenna pipe, completely disappeared with the new antenna.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:35 AM
paraglidesam

Gorilla gear ad MODEFOS HELI will probably do the trick. Unless you REALLY pile it in!! THey cost a little more, but imho they are WORTH IT!! Stock gear, especially in colder weather are just too fragile.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
marter1229

Gorilla gear!

Will save you a lot of money.
No broken gear, which leads to other broken stuff when it tips over!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:37 PM
docjoe

If you want to save money, get the Align bump resistant landing gear. They're about 8 bucks and they can withstand a lot of punishment. I've had 3-4 fairly hard crashes from about 20-30 feet in the air and still on my original pair of bump resistant landing gear. Plus they come in the cool blue color to match the bling of an SE.

Joe