Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Gear/Travel Adj On DX6 ? what does it do?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Gear/Travel Adj On DX6 ? what does it do?

Old 04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
crazyhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear/Travel Adj On DX6 ? what does it do?

Hi was hoping someone could help me. What does the Ger/travel Adj control on the gyro? I know the subtrim is the sensitivityand i have most the other settings understood but can't seem to find the answer.

Also , My tail moves really fast when jabbed to the right and slow when jabbed to the left is there a setting for this. The manuals for everything are very unclear about a lot of things.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:15 PM
NVSFlyer

Default RE: Gear/Travel Adj On DX6 ? what does it do?

Your GER TRV ADJ is to put your Gyro in either HH or Normal mode. If you have the Aileron D/R in the 1 postion and are under the GER TRV ADJ then you see a + ??% this is for the HH mode to set the sensitivity of it. If you place the Aileron D/R in the 0 postion you will see it change to - ??% this is to set the gain level in Normal mode. The above Aileron D/R is if you set the GER to the Aileron D/R switch you may have put it to another switch. Also the RUD TRV ADJ is to set the speed at which the helicopter will piro left or right. First set it to 100% and make sure your Tail rotor servo is not binding and that it is going to max in both directions. If it is limit the amount it can travel through the pot on the Gyro not the TX. Once you do this and have your helicopter trimmed out you can use the RUD TRV ADJ to slow the piro rate. When you adj the RUD TRV ADJ it only limits the amount of travel your tail rotor does it with the inputs you do. It doesn't limit the amount the Gyro pitches the tail rotor this is why you must set the max the gyro pitches the tail rotor before you fly your heli or you may burn out the servo.

Hopes this helps if you have any other questions let me know. It took me forever to learn the DX6 at first.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:00 AM
crazyhammer

Thank you very much. That helped a lot.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM
crazyhammer

Ok, Got the trvl adj figured out piro same speed both directions. Let me make sure I understand the HH normal mode. If the aileron switch is on 0 I'm in HH mode but to adjust the sensitivity for that mode I need to switch to aileron 1 and vise versa. So if this is true what does the sub trim gear control. I thought it controlled the sensitivity. I'm using an align gyro for now if that helps. Seems strange that HH mode controls Normal mode gear setting and normal mode controls HH mode. Sorry for the confusion I'm having.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
NVSFlyer

Heheh no confusion I understand where you are coming from it took me a good week to figure it out.

Ok our transmitter is using the ATV Function if you directions for you gyro. I'm assuming that you have the Gyro plugged into the GER channel of the RX. Also I'm assuming that in the ACFT setup part of the TX you have it set to GER A which is telling the Gear/Mix switch to take it's function from the Aileron D/R...You have different settings to chose from like H,F,E, and A. I use the Aileron D/R- the A one. The way the transmitter works is that if the Aileron D/R sw is in the 0 postion it is telling the Gyro to run in HH/AVCS mode since all the TRV ADJ GER are + ??%. Now if you switch the Aileron D/R sw to the 1 postion it tells the Gyro to run in Normal non HH/AVCS mode since the TRV ADJ GER are - ??% By having a switch that does all Plus or all minus depending on which way the switch is it allows you to set up different Sensitivity/Gain for each mode HH/AVCS or Non HH/AVCS

The sub trim will only mess up the starting point of the Plus or Minus or the sensitivity so leave it at 0.

For my Gyro which is a 401 I have the Aileron D/R 1 - HH/AVCS setting at +43% sensitivity and the Aileron D/R 0 - Non HH/AVCS setting at -41%.

The 401 calls Heading Hold actually AVCS which stands for Anguliar velocity command type so that is why I was typing HH/AVCS.

Hope all this helps a bit more.

Nate
Old 04-05-2006, 10:18 PM
crazyhammer

I played with the settings today and the travel adjust fixed the tail speed problem and after trying a lot of different settings what you just explained really makes a lot more sense now. I never would have figured that out. My settings at the end of the day where -43% and +41% but my subtrim on the Ger was set on 70%. That was as high as I could go without getting a bounce. So now I'm going to use the Gear travel adjust to set the gyro. I never tried going backwards with the Sub Trim?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
NVSFlyer

I believe all the sub trim was doing was changing the base line of either the - or + % of the other settings. I don't believe that the subtrim was intended to be used for the gyro I could be wrong thou. I'm glad all is working out for you maybe you can put more insite to this setting in the next flight or two.