Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

JAZZ throttle 'curve' help

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

JAZZ throttle 'curve' help

Old 04-05-2006, 03:24 AM
iceman101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAZZ throttle 'curve' help

Hi all, I connected my Jazz 40-6-18 to my heli today for a 'trial spool up'(without blades connected).
I had already programed it a few days eairler as per the manual and everything seems
to be programed correctly.
Today when I spooled it up using a liner curve ranging from 0% to 100% (just for
testing), I noticed that the motor (Align 430L) did not start until I reached about half stick
(about 50% throttle); is this normal? If so how should my 'normal throttle 'curve' look ie.
my origional plan was for it to be 0% at low stick and something like 85% at 1/4 1/2 3/4 and high as
I'm still in the learning stages and might need to cut throttle in case of a crash.
The manual says that it should not be used under 85% throttle but since the low to 1/4 stick positions
would be used for 'Starting' and 'stopping' the rotors rather than governing them I assumed it would be OK.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.......THANK YOU....ICE

PS: I use a Hitec Eclipse 7 QPCM Transmitter.