Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

BEST SIMULATOR FOR TREX 450 SE?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

BEST SIMULATOR FOR TREX 450 SE?

Old 04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
plkoegler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST SIMULATOR FOR TREX 450 SE?

Hey Guys -

What do you believe is the best simulator for the TREX 450 SE? I'm looking to purchase one, but I'm not sure what people have tried and what seems to be the best. Reflex XTR and RealFlight G3 seem to be the leaders (which one is best?), but are there other great choices?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 PM
iceman101

Default RE: BEST SIMULATOR FOR TREX 450 SE?

First of all, i would not recommend that you ask which is better between the two-it tends to be a topic that provokes...errr..'unfriendlyness?' on the other foroum sites in my experience.
I also have a T-rex SE V2 but its not airborne yet as my charger was out of stock, I should be here by Monday though[8D], luckly I also have the REFLEX XTR sim which is currently keeping me from getting 'itchee fingers' LOL.

NB: i have zero experience with G3.

REFLEX is, quite simply, an awesome simulator in every respect. The physic are excellent and allow what can sometimes seem like endless adjustable parameters which go a long way in making a model respond exactly like yours. The graphics are also excellent (Digital SLR photo quality) however requires a fairly powerful PC in order to run smoothly- the frame rate on my system: 768mbRAM, nVidia 5600 64mb FX card and P4 2.8GHz: drops to 7 fps when using the Century R22 but runs at a steady 68 fps with ALL other models. REFLEX also has a model creator which allows the use to photograoh his/her Own aircraft and use it with the sim which also adds to the realism.

I'm short I would highly recomend REFLEX XTR as Theee "neXt To Reality" RC flight Simulation.

PS: should you get the sim, rc-sim.de has a T-rex SE for free download.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:39 PM
iceman101

BTW: DO NOT get Aerofly Pro Delux or any other version of Aerofly as they are ...poop... in terms of heli simulations.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:13 PM
H0ndaJunkie

Yes, aerofly is really bad.....steer clear of that one.

Reflex XTR is an awesome simulator that's for sure. I've used the demo, and I'm really impressed with the quality.

I chose Realflight G3 because it was a good price considering that it came with the interlink controller, and the whole software package has lots of features. I wish I had the money to buy Reflex too, but I don't. Plus, I'm really happy with G3 anyway; the physics seem quite realistic, the models and scenary are high quality, although not as nice a the graphics in Reflex. G3 has taught me a lot, and I have yet to crash any of my Helis thanks to that program.

It's basically all down to person preference. G3 and reflex are definitely the best out there. I would download the demo versions of both, and then make a decision from there.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:37 PM
HeliHacker

I use XTR and I make the same mistakes on XTR as flying. You can adjust physical parameters to dampen or make it more responsive. It is really good.