Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Best sit-up?

Old 04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh Yeah!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best sit-up?

Just finished my Trex 450XL HDE. Trying to figure best sit-up for receiver and esc. Trextuning.com recommend putting the receiver in the front on a bracket with the esc in the back, between the frame (like this sit-up). But they also say to put the esc behind the batt and the rx in the back, between the frame.
What sit-up are you guys using?... and which one works the best (proven)?

Also...I purchased the 9650 servo for the tail. They recommend a BEC for this servo. Do I need this?...or should I just get a HS-56? (Got the 401 gyro and the align 35G esc)

Once more...I recieved the TP-2100 Li-Po with the BEC/JST connectors.(wires are much smaller than the esc wires) Will these connectors be alright?...or should I get the Deans connectors?

Thanks, PJ
Old 04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
larryk9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best sit-up?

Get the Deans connectors as I have heard of the JST connectors melt when they get hot. I have my receiver in the back inside the frame and the esc right below it underneath the frame. This might not be the best setup for most though. I am using the Spektrum radio system and it is claimed to be glitch free and so far I agree. Ususally you try to get the receiver as far away from other electronics as possible.