Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 PCM on TREX 450 SE?  Please Help... >

PCM on TREX 450 SE? Please Help...

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

PCM on TREX 450 SE? Please Help...

Old 05-15-2006, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM on TREX 450 SE? Please Help...

Hello All -

I am currently running a Futaba 6EXH transmitter in PPM mode with a Hitec Electron 6 PPM (FM) receiver in my Align Trex 450 SE. Recently, I've been receiving a lot of interference to my servos (Hitec HS-65MG) on the cyclic and the tail servo (Futaba 9650). If I switched to a PCM receiver, such as the Futaba R148iP, would this filter out some of the glitching I'm currently experiencing while flying? The glitching is getting ridiculous, so I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. Everytime I add yaw to the tail servo, I get glitching in the cyclic servos and vice versus. Very frustrating when trying to fly 3D...

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Default RE: PCM on TREX 450 SE? Please Help...

You're getting radio interference -- Don't change the receiver.

We've gone thru this on a multitude of threads, but let's look closely.

Outside chance you could have a bad gyro or sevro--Doubt it. Even a bad radio, but doubt it. Check those last.

Make sure the Batt & ESC are way up front, The receiver way back on the bottom plate & Gyro on top or bottom of the Boom holder.

Be sure all soldered connections are TIGHT. All connectors TIGHT. All wires dressed neatly(away from the ANT)

Use a Dean's or similar ANT--DO NOT allow any bare ANT wire to touch the frame(It's conductive and will create massive radio interference.

Use a bit of Anti-Static spray on BOTH sides of the belt-- creates huge static electric charge which will properly discharge

Make sure there's NO vertical movement of the main shaft, and the 'top' rotor holder piece. Any metal on metal motion creates static.

If all else fails, consider ferrite bead rings for the ESC to Motor & BEC lead. I never had to do that. They're dirt cheap at Radio Shack

It can be a very frustrating problem, but is obviously solvable without a great deal of effort. Also make sure all Batt's are OK & Xtal

is tightly seated. Good Luck.

Lloyd
Old 05-18-2006, 07:18 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Definitely try the whip antenna if you don't already have one. You can easily check this by letting the antenna hang from the helicopter. I had the same problem with the electron six. I moved all of my electronics around to various locations with no improvement. As a last ditch effort I decided to let my antenna hang from the helicopter while hovering. After four or five glitch free flights I put on the whip antenna. It has been 100% for at least 100 flights.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:40 PM
My Feedback: (3)

It must be just the SE's with this problem,i have the XL and i'm running a micro futaba pcm rx and a friend of mine is running a berg fm and nether one of us has had any glitches with our helis, he has whip ant and i have rx full length ant. I know this does not help you i just wanted to put in my two cents about it. Tell you the truth i think its the carbon frame.