Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 I finally solved the belt tracking issue for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

I finally solved the belt tracking issue for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

I finally solved the belt tracking issue for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally solved the belt tracking issue for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok everyone so I know this question has come up in the threads a lot and many people have a few differnt answers for it. But I have found the real soultion for free! The problem that lots of people are having is that there TREX belt tracking is coming off of the tail pulley. Well this also happend to me! So i was reading all over the internet and forums on what causes this and how to fix it. These are the most common things I found!

Causes-

1) Worn out belt
2) Out of true pulleys
3) none knows

And these common fixes!

1) Get a new belt... Great if its worn out but does nothing for the problem
2) Upgrade to the expensive cnc pulleys-.........Also great but the pulleys i highly doubt are worn unless your going crazy 3d or have had your heli for years
3) Get the z400 tail assembley because it has a guide on it..... Good idea simple fix but adds friction and also wears out belt faster. Both of which we do not want!
4 (I used this on my trex for a while) Attach a zip tie forcing the belt on the pulley. Although free this adds a lot of friction. Which we do not want.

Ok so now we have our common "Problems". And I put problems in quotes because the worn out belt or out of true pulleys might be the case. But I doubt it. My issue was cleared up instantly with what im about to show you.

Ok so your wondering how i figured this out? I was sitting in my living room one day on the floor starting at the tail and all of a sudden it just clicked!
This whole problem comes from the ENTIRE TAIL ASSEMBLY! If your belt is riding to the right or left whatever the problem is the tail assembly!!! First loosen the screw on the tail that lets you rotate it. Now listen carefully. If your belt is moving to the left of the tail angle your tail just the slightest bit down from where it was. If your belt is moving to the right aned off the pulley angle the tail the slightest bit up. Tighten and test by hand. IMPORTANT!!! We must remember to make very minor adjustments hear as we do not want the tail to be providing us with lift or downwards thrust! After you have tighted if it works you are done. If it doesnt loosen and try moving a little more or rotating the tail in the oppisite direction (sometimes its backwards for some reason). If your tail gets to far out of wack then begin replacing pulleys and belts and such! Hope this helps everyone having this problem i know it frusterated the heck out of me! Enjoy!

Todd
Old 05-17-2006, 09:38 AM

Default RE: I finally solved the belt tracking issue for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Todd.....you seem really excited about that! LOL
Old 05-17-2006, 05:38 PM

yea i am excited everywhere i looked i could never find an answer! lol
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 PM

Todd:

That was very good thinking. Of course hind sight is always 20/20 and though there's a 90 degree twist of the belt, A 'little more or less' will certainly correct the lateral sliding tendency. Keep up the good work.

Lloyd
Old 05-18-2006, 08:44 PM

yea i was just proud of my self because I havent seen anyone with an answer to this one. Just proud that i was the first i guess. Finally figured it out you know everyone asks this so often. Thanks a lot

Todd