Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 ANYONE SWITCH MOTORS FROM STOCK 430L? >

ANYONE SWITCH MOTORS FROM STOCK 430L?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

ANYONE SWITCH MOTORS FROM STOCK 430L?

Old 06-10-2006, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE SWITCH MOTORS FROM STOCK 430L?

Hello All -

I'm looking for opinions/comments from people who started with the stock Align 430L brushless motor and then switched to another brand, such as the Medusa Research 028-040-3400 or JGF 450th. Was it worth the extra money? After reading the overall performance review on www.trextuning.com, I wasn't entirely convinced of the performance gains. Yes, I might gain a few RPM at full load, but is it that noticeable? Can you truly tell a large performance gain when switching to another motor? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ANYONE SWITCH MOTORS FROM STOCK 430L?

I upgraded from the 420LF to the 430L, and the 430L started to fail after a couple of months. The initial performance of the 430L is quite good, but they tend not to last as long as the more expensive motors. They have a lesser grade of bearing which doesn't hold up for the long haul.

I have a Medusa 28-32-3400 en route now. Based on the research I've done, the Medusa 3400 seems to have a great balance between performance and efficiency. I'm running 3S packs now and may eventually upgrade to 4S. This motor will work with either.