Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Aftermarket ESC and Motor Combos

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Aftermarket ESC and Motor Combos

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
JPKII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket ESC and Motor Combos

List the aftermarket ESC, Motor, gearing you are using?

I'm at the point that I want to upgrade my stock Align 25 A ESC. I've got the 3200 Kv motor. Should I just replace the ESC and run the motor till it pukes or do both at the same time? I've got 23 flights on the stock ESC and as I start to do more aggressive maneuvers its cut out twice in flight on me. Once I did my first autorotation (it only bounced a little) and the second time it was high enough that I could recover under power. I don't want to wad it and cost myself more money than if I were to just upgrade the ESC now.

TIA,

Joe
Old 08-29-2006, 12:46 AM
RcFlyer06
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket ESC and Motor Combos

From what I've read Aligns 430lf and 35A speed control is a reliable combo. At my LHS I've heard that the hot stuff is the Medusa Afterburner, torque from the depths of hell is the word, needs a serious ESC though, something like 45A. I believe I've read in another post that the Hacker A20 6L with 17tooth pinion and appropriate ESC is an excellent combo. The 450F and AON 3500 are supposed to be good motors too, hope this helps!