Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Building TREX 450Se >

Building TREX 450Se

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Building TREX 450Se

Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building TREX 450Se

Hi
I'm a novice heli pilot, and builder.

I'm assembling my TREX 450SE.
When putting the tail box on the boom, I'm wondering what there is to stop the tail box from rotating round on the boom??

At the heli body side, there is a 'slot' in the boom, which fits in the body of the heli, which stops this side from rotating. However, the tailbox side doesn't seem to have a slot to stop the tail box from rotating round on the boom.

Can anyone help??

Is there a step by step guide (or a good guide) to construction on the web?? The TREX manuals seem to miss this step out... it just shows the box, and the next step, its on the boom!

Cheers
Old 09-28-2006, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Building TREX 450Se

The screws lock the tail boom quite well.Make sure the tail rotor is vertical to the body before final tighten up.
Some people wrap some tape around the boom to ensure no slip.
I have no problems.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 AM

Default RE: Building TREX 450Se

The gearbox is a good fit on the boom, it will not rotate once the screws are tighened up.
The slot on the rear of the boom is for the plastic gearbox on "lesser" 450s.

Start by ensuring the tail rotor is set vertical, then once you get to the stage where you can run up the motor you need to check the belt tracking in the tail gearbox. If it runs too far to one side or the other to the point of appearing to rub then you need to turn the gearbox very slightly untill it clears the edges of the gear. It's not important to be dead centre as long as it's not rubbing. Very small adjustments are all that is needed. It is more important to have the tail rotor vertical.

If you can't get it to run true without setting the tail rotor noticably off vertical then you'll need to start looking for other causes.