Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 t-rex xl vs. se vs. 600? >

t-rex xl vs. se vs. 600?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

t-rex xl vs. se vs. 600?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-rex xl vs. se vs. 600?

hi,
i currently fly a blade cp and want to move up. i dun have lots of money, only 14 yo... i do have enough for a xl right now and probably a se/600 over the winter (from newspaper delivery)
so... here's my question. what's the performance difference between the 3? i know that a se is all metal and that the 600 is the big one... but what really is there performance difference ie. their power, 3d ability, stability in wind etc...?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Default RE: t-rex xl vs. se vs. 600?

yeah stick with xl 600 way too big and everything is going to be trouble to me xl is better in 3d and learning
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
My Feedback: (2)

You make nearly $1800 from delivering newspapers?
Maybe I need a new job.. [X(]

T-rex 600 is quite a bit more expensive, the batteries alone are $200 a pop, even more if you like top brand name stuff.

T-rex 600 is by far the better bird mechanically, but you can't fly it indoors/in small areas, and it's significantly bigger and more dangerous. It's also much more stable than a small t-rex so easier to fly, though it's not as "snappy" in it's movements on the stock setup compared to the t-rex 450, so if cost is an issue and you want to learn 3D, the smaller t-rex is better. To get the t-rex 600 to be snappy you'll need to upgrade to a stronger motor and higher voltage = $$$$$

Then, of course, there's also the pucker factor. T-rex 600 is alot more intimidating to fly compared to the small t-rex 450.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM

well, not only from newpaper delivery...from it i get like 170 cad a month...doing it for quite a while... and i get 200 if i get an average of over 90 on my report card... adn some friends of my mom came to visit from australia and got me a psp, i'm not allow to play video games btw... not a big fan of it neither... so my mom will take it for 390. and right now i got like 500 from savings before and got 1000 in the bank which i dont intend to use... i dont spend money that easily...

anyways, does a se hold up better in crashes than a xl?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:20 PM

look you might have almost enough or enough for the 600 but dont buy it its too much uts not for learners someone said the 450 is "snappy" well this one is snapierrrrrr" it is stable on a hover now put some stick input and that thing is sensative keep in mind the bigger the more stable stable meaning when its hovering by itself basically when stick imput it is fast and not good for a begginer the 450 isint that slow either but the parts will be cheepear i just had a crash had to waste 100 bucks on repairs bad crash and if it had been the 600 lets time that cost by six...... so go for the 450xl and since you got enought i am going to recomend you a good set up.
Align trex 450xl ccpm--yellow heli beeter one 200
align 430lf brushless motor and 35 amp speed control from align 120 for both
Spektrum dx6 computer radio----best radio ever its great....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
allign gyro 500x for 80 bucks or high quality tail hold gyro futuba 401 130 great gyro
2100 lypo battrey from thunderpower with 15c discharge for 75
lipo charger trinton jr i think---80 dollars
ok if you can expend thye xtra upgrade those servos that come with the spektrum dx6 to hitech 65 for better performance i think they are like 27 each

these prices are from my local hobby store i go to they are at US currency$$$$$$$$$$$ Dollars $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 09-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Wow, I want to see u go from Blade CP to 600. 600 is huge!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from the Walkera 60, to the T-Rex 450X, XL,SE, to the 600. I am glad I went that way. Like everyone had said, the 600 is BIG. I don't know how time you have flying helicopter, but moving up the the 600 can be a hand full. If you do move up to the 600, please get help!!! I have a small backyard and I won't fly the 600 there. I fly the T-Rex 450SE all the time in my backyard.

Sonny
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Keep in mind the bigger helis are easier to work on and easier to fly. The only down side is that yes, they're big, and much more intimidating to someone new. The potential for damage is also much higher if you don't know what you're doing. The t-rex 600 is an excellent choice aslong as you've got someone EXPERIENCED to help you along with the build and setup.
Blades aside, crashing the t-rex 600 isn't too bad compared to other birds of similar size. It's the same how most people who want to start flying nitro start off on a .50 size raptor or similar. They're easy to fly, easy to work on, but you need someone experienced to help you so you don't hurt your self or damage someones property in the first few stages.

The t-rex is only as snappy as you set it up. This applies for the big and smaller version. The 450 is quite a bit more aggressive on the cyclic though compared to the 600 in my experience, which is to be expected to a degree given the big weight difference between the two birds. Power to weight is much higher on the smaller t-rex.

Get which ever one appeals to you most, and suits your flying style/location best.

Neither are really "beginner" machines and both are really designed for aerobatic and 3D flight.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:15 PM

thx, seems like you'll need more experience for a 600 and more $$$$ too to maintain/repair. i haven't flown helicopter for a very long time, more than 2 month's and less than 3. i got the blade cp second handed for 200cad at my lhs and i can do everything with it right side up... i can flip the idle up switch confidently adn fly at max throttle, nose in hover and stall turns. i've jsut tried my first loop not so long ago. i was flying at max throttle and pulled back the elevator slowly, then as it got inverted, i noticed that i haven't flip the idle up switch yet[:@]. yes, teh tail corkscrewed, and thx to g3 demo i flipped it over and i regain control... i went from like 40ft down to 15~20ft... man!! am i lucky to start high. i dont think i'm getting a bigger bird until teh winter's gone away, i dont get to fly much these days because of teh wind. i would like to add a hh gyro and a bl motor to my blade, but that will cost me over 200cad and i jsut dont want to put so much money on a low quality heli...

i dont like spectrum that much due to it's 3 point pitch/throttle curve and only 1 idle up... and i'd want to know if there's difference in performance between the se adn teh lx, how bout in crashes? does the se hold up better?

do i have enough experience for a trex?