Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

trex or cp pro?

Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex or cp pro?

I'm a noob thatt has just started to learn to hover with my cp pro. Not the greastest hovers but never the less a hover. I'm thinking on either beefing up the cp pro with cnc and carbon fiber, tail belt , etc..or getting a trexx450se. To the people that know what are the pros and cons of both. I've only flown the pro so I have no idea of diffrences between the two. I am wanting to stay electric.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:31 PM

Default RE: trex or cp pro?

I have the Blade CP Pro as well and am Planning on getting a T-Rex.

My Suggestion is keep the blade stock (though I did change out my radio for the Spektrum DX6) .

Fly the blade and put your money into the T-Rex

It's kinda like trying to hop up a Dodge to be a BMW

You might as well just buy the BMW and not waste the money trying to hop up the Dodge.

The Blade CP Pro is great for what it is, an inexpensive heli.

Every penny I put into hopping up the Blade is one taken away from my T-Rex.

Now once I have the T-Rex and if I have money to Blow I may pot a Gyro in the Pro But I doubt it.

The Pro will probably become a Backup Heli to the T-Rex.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:01 PM

Don't ,I repeat Don't go with the belt tail ,It dosent work worth a #*%$# ,It is a heli direct work in progress .If they do alot of work on it and I mean alot then maybe someday it will be and awsome machine ,but dont let them have you spend your money beta testing it for them.Defiantly go with the t-rex you wont be sorry.Tomorrow is trash day If you drive by my house you might see a beautiful blue fully upgraded cp on top of the trash can.....

Old 10-13-2006, 05:02 PM

As Harry said just go ahead and plan on moving up to the SE. I flew the dog piss out of my Walkera 35, and when I planned to buy the TRex I flew the 35 even harder until I lawn darted it into the ground. Keep the CP pro and get a Trex then once the Trex is up and running you will be twice as comfy on the CP because you won't be scared to spend a few bucks. Although a Sim is great for learning nose in and 3D it's not the same as a really heli, which with the CP on a very calm day you will be doing funnels and such with
Old 10-13-2006, 07:55 PM

That's not a real comparison. The T-Rex hands down, it's bigger, more stable and more powerful. Course it costs a lot more as well.

The cP does not fly real well in the wind. The T-Rex is fine in winds up to an a bit over 10 mph.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:37 PM

I actually paid alot more for the full cp upgrade (belt convesion + cnc head +cnc tail that broke 2 times before I got a foot off the ground . Then I put a t-rex tail on it anyway) my t-rex xl and flies 1000 times better than the cp upgaded .
Old 10-16-2006, 10:22 PM

get atrex much much more stable trust me i flew my friends cp wich he said was setup to its best--- hoby shop owner and then i flew it and it wasent that stable i let go the stick and it was everywere while with my trex 450 xl it is so god dam stable i can take my hads off for 5 seconds and it will continue to hover i can still setup beter for even better hovers bu i like flying not seting up, thats cp is a pain in the culo so just get a dam trex